U.S. rules out evacuation plan for citizens fleeing Israel

The U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem says the Donald Trump administration cannot guarantee the safety of Americans seeking to depart Israel following its war with Iran leading to the killing of the Asian country’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei.
“The U.S. Embassy is not in a position at this time to evacuate or directly assist Americans in departing Israel,” the statement said on Monday.
The embassy urged U.S. government employees and private citizens determined to travel out of Israel, despite the volatile security situation, to register for evacuation assistance with the Israeli Ministry of Tourism, which is operating shuttles to the Taba border crossing.
“The U.S. Embassy cannot make any recommendation (for or against) the Ministry of Tourism’s shuttle. If you choose to avail yourself of this option to depart, the U.S. government cannot guarantee your safety,” the statement added.
The U.S. government asked citizens to remain alert and seek refuge at bomb shelters “in the event of a red alert as security incidents, such as mortar, rocket, and missile fire, and unmanned aircraft system (UAS) intrusions, often take place without any warning.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
I would have delivered Osun to Tinubu even if people voted against APC: Wike
Mr Wike insisted the outcome of the election would have been different if he had been on the federal government team that went to Osun State.

Opinion
Obiageli Ezekwesili: President Tinubu, terminate the dodgy ÂŁ746 million ports deal
To my fellow citizens, this deal will worsen Nigeria’s fiscal and economic future. I have spoken. You have a voice. Use it.

States
Kano govt bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores
The Kano State government has banned patent medicine stores across the state from administering intravenous (IV) fluid infusion and blood transfusion.

States
Gov Mbah increases ESUT subvention to N276 million, urges ASUU to suspend strike
The increase brings the state government’s total monthly funding to ESUT from N161 million to N276 million.

States
Gov. Idris okays N2 billion, buses for seven Kebbi tertiary institutions
Mr Abubakar-Tunga said the buses were meant to enhance mobility, welfare, and learning conditions across the institutions.

NationWide
NCoS urges inmates to deepen religious values, build character
Mr David urged inmates in custodial centres to let religion take deeper root in their character to achieve desired reformation.






