US singer D4vd charged with murder of 14-year-old girl Celeste Rivas

American singer David Anthony Burke, popularly known as D4vd, has been charged with the murder of a 14-year-old girl, Celeste Rivas.
The county district attorney, Nathan J. Hochman, announced on Monday that D4vd faces multiple felony counts, including murder, continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14 and unlawful mutilation of human remains.
According to prosecutors, the victim was last seen on April 23, 2025, after visiting D4vd at his Hollywood Hills residence, and she never returned home.
On September 8, 2025, her decomposed and dismembered remains were discovered in the front trunk of a car registered to the singer that had been seized.
“The criminal complaint includes special circumstance allegations such as murder of a witness, murder for financial gain and lying in wait, as well as a special allegation that Burke personally used a deadly and dangerous weapon, a sharp instrument, to commit the crime,” the prosecutors said.
If convicted, he faces either the death penalty or life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. Prosecutors said they would decide later whether to pursue the death penalty.
“This is a parent’s nightmare, a situation where your daughter goes out one night and never comes back,” Mr Hochman said during a press briefing, describing the case as “brutal and horrific”.
He added that the charges represented “the most serious” his office can bring.
Los Angeles Police Department chief Jim McDonnell said the LAPD remained committed to seeking justice for the victim.
The 21-year-old singer is scheduled to be arraigned at the Foltz Criminal Justice Centre.
The singer’s legal team, led by Blair Berk, Marilyn Bednarski, and Regina Peter, has maintained D4vd’s innocence.
In a statement, the lawyers said the evidence would show that D4vd “did not murder Celeste Rivas Hernandez and he was not the cause of her death”.
D4vd was arrested on April 16 in connection with the teenager’s death. Police said the discovery was made after reports of a foul odour coming from the vehicle.
Investigators reportedly recovered the victim’s head and torso inside a cadaver bag in the front compartment of a Tesla linked to the singer.
Following the discovery, the singer cancelled his planned 2025 ‘D4VD withered’ world tour and was dropped from brand partnerships, including campaigns with Hollister Co. and Crocs.
D4vd rose to prominence in 2022 with his viral hit ‘Here With Me’ and later released ‘Romantic Homicide’, a song whose visuals featured a lady in a blood-covered white cloth and the artiste blindfolded with a knife.
At the time, the singer said the title of the song was metaphorical, referring to the killing of a memory and not literal violence.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
Customs hands over 399 seized rifles to arms control agency
Mr Adeniyi said officials seized the firearms during the inspection and documentation of a consignment at Tincan Island Port, Lagos.

States
New Edo assembly speaker suspends Agbebaku, majority leader over alleged corruption
Mr Idiaye, who represents Akoko Edo Constituency I, was elected the new speaker following Blessing Agbebaku’s resignation on Monday.

States
Regional development minister lauds NEDC projects in Borno
Minister of State for Regional Development, Uba Maigari Ahmadu, commended the North East Development Commission (NEDC) for ongoing projects in the region.

Economy
Nigeria’s headline inflation falls to 15.43%
The NBS said headline inflation fell to 15.43% in July from 15.91% in June.

Lagos
FG adds 208 MW transmission capacity to boost industries in Lagos
Minister of Power, Joseph Tegbe, said it would strengthen electricity supply to some of Lagos’ most economically important corridors.

States
Voter apathy mars Bauchi LG poll
At some polling centres in the Dawaki, Tirwun, Kofar, Ran and Yelwa areas of Bauchi, there were no voters or election officials, despite the deployment of security personnel.






