Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Why I allowed my ex-fiancé film one of my two intimate moments in 2022: Moyo Lawal

In an Instagram post, Lawal said she also agreed because her ex-lover made much effort to win her trust.

• October 16, 2023
Moyo Lawal
Moyo Lawal[Credit: Instagram/moyolawalofficial]

Nollywood actress Moyo Lawal says she willingly consented to the filming of her intimate moment with her ex-partner due to their impending marriage plans and the trust between them.

In an Instagram post, Lawal said she also agreed because her ex-lover made much effort to win her trust. The actress claimed the leaked sex tape was one of her two intimate moments last year. 

“That I agreed to because he started recording after the fact, he doesn’t live in Nigeria; he put in a lot of work winning my trust over the years, and I mean a lot. So much so, we were already working towards a house, marriage and all,” she stated. 

“One thing I can tell you for a fact, however, is that things are never what they seem to be. I only had xxx twice last year; one of those times is the video,” she said.

Last month, Lawal faced backlash after her sex tape was released on social media. The actress accused her ex-fiance of leaking the three-part sex video and threatened to take legal action for breach of her privacy.

Consequently, several Nigerians accused her of leaking the sex tape herself,  while others alleged it was a blackmail. 

However, Lawal, in her Instagram post, berated Nigerians who alleged she shared the tape. 

“Until a lioness tells her story, every hunter will continue to be a hero. People always take quiet, non-problematic people as fools. However, I think it is time for me to start talking,” she stated. 

The actress explained that she called off her relationship with him over communication issues,  just as she recalled her sacrifices. 

“That is why I had to break up with him last year when I started having communication challenges with him because I put my entire life on pause with any man I am dating. 

“I have not made so many sacrifices by turning down so many dating offers, sleeping alone 90% of my entire adult life, choosing to be alone to have an ugly video that happened when I was ill hanging over my head,” she stated. 

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

victims rescued in Katsina

States

14 kidnap victims rescued in Katsina

Troops rescued six males and eight females abducted in Katsina State.

Nnaji Chidiebere

States

Police arrest suspected transformer vandal in Enugu

Police said the suspect was found unconscious with various degrees of injuries.

U.S. Department of Justice

World

U.S. govt indicts 17 Iranians over cyber theft

Prosecutors said the suspects allegedly stole more than 31 terabytes of data from institutions across the U.S.

Governor Hyacinth Alia

States

Gov Alia nominates six new commissioners, seeks Benue assembly’s approval

The governor said the nominations were intended to strengthen the state executive council by filling existing vacancies and replacing outgoing members.

Riley Moore and Bola Tinubu

Heading 1

Nigeria should remain designated ‘country of particular concern’, Tinubu allowing slaughtering of Christians: U.S. Lawmaker

“Do not remove the CPC designation for Nigeria. They have not done near enough to protect Christians! They continue to get slaughtered,” Mr Moore said.

President Bola Tinubu

NationWide

Tinubu pledges peaceful campaign ahead of 2027 elections

“Let us remember that elections are not a do-or-die affair. We are partners in the project of nation-building,” he said.