Yung Miami opens up on abuse allegations against Diddy

American rapper Caresha Romeka Brownlee, professionally known as Yung Miami, in a recent interview, opened up on her personal experiences with domestic violence, clarifying that her relationship with Sean “Diddy” Combs was not affected by such.
In an exclusive interview with People Magazine, Yung Miami described Diddy as more than just a romantic partner, saying he was also a mentor who believed in her potential beyond music.
“I just think that when I met Diddy, he was just a man first,” she explained. “He was more into what I wanted to do, and he approached me with a lot of business [ideas]. ‘You should do this. I see this in you.’ So, it was more of that for me. He saw more in me than music.”
Yung Miami mentioned the 2016 surveillance video obtained by CNN in May, which showed Combs assaulting his then-girlfriend Cassie Ventura.
“I was deeply hurt and shocked after watching the video,” said Yung Miami.
She acknowledged she had been in two previous abusive relationships but asserted that she did not experience domestic violence during her time with Diddy when they were on and off between 2021 and 2023.
Yung Miami emphasised that her experience with Diddy was different, stating, “That was not my experience at all,” and clarified that her relationship with him did not involve any form of abuse or toxic behaviour.
Yung Miami felt it was unfair to be held accountable for Diddy’s alleged misconduct, which occurred before their relationship.
“I met Diddy when the world was celebrating him and giving him his flowers while he was still alive,” she said, referring to his Global Icon Award win and performance at the 2023 MTV Video Music Awards, among other honours. “So I was celebrating him with the world, and I just feel like everybody is crucifying me for it.”
Ventura’s settled lawsuit had triggered a series of legal actions in November, including additional sexual assault suits against Diddy that emerged later that month, followed by more in December and February, and federal raids of his Miami and Los Angeles homes in March.
While Diddy and his attorneys have consistently maintained his innocence, he posted a since-deleted apology video after the release of the surveillance footage with Cassie.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Heading 2
FBI announces recruitment exercise in U.S, other countries
Mr Rothrock said America needs help to sustain its national peace from home and around the world.

States
Troops foil mass abduction in Zamfara
The spokesman for the operation said the incident occurred on Sunday.

Heading 5
Obi demands compensation for victims of electoral violence, killings in Osun
The NDC chieftain stressed the need for a democracy where elections are conducted without violence.

Abuja
Nigeria’s capital city Abuja flooded, vehicles submerged as FCT residents accuse Wike of encroaching on green areas
According to Mr Olayinka, the FCT administration is working to improve the drainage system.

Heading 4
NFF sacks Super Falcons coach, technical team After WAFCON, World Cup qualification failures
Mr Madugu led the team to their 10th WAFCON title in July 2025.

Sport
Coventry City confirm signing of Taiwo Awoniyi from Nottingham Forest
In 2022, Awoniyi signed with Nottingham Forest in a record fee worth €17.2 million.






