Putin bans Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, 11 other Americans from entering Russia

Russia has imposed travel restrictions against US President Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton and other members of the Biden Administration in response to the sanctions rolled out against it.
On Tuesday, the Foreign Ministry released a list of individuals affected by the restrictions.
“In response to a series of unprecedented sanctions prohibiting, among other things, entry into the United States for top officials of the Russian Federation, since March 15, President Joe Biden, on the basis of reciprocity, has been included in the Russian stop list…, as well as a number of departmental heads and well-known American figures,” the ministry said.
The list includes Mr Biden, U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley, Assistant to the President of the United States for National Security Jacob Sullivan and his Deputy Duleep Singh.
Others include the Director of the CIA William Burns, White House Press Secretary Jennifer Psaki, Director of the Agency for International Development Samantha Power, Hillary Clinton, Hunter Biden, Adewale Adeyemo – First Deputy Minister of Finance; and Reta Jo Lewis, the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Export-Import Bank.
These actions by Russia are retaliatory sanctions taken after the United States and other global bodies like the European Union announced batches of decisions to stifle the Russian economy and pressure Vladimir Putin into calling off its attack on Ukraine.
The Russian ministry described the doled out sanctions by the West as “Russophobic”.
Mr Biden last month sanctioned major Russian banks, adding that it would go after the Russian military and Belarusian individuals and entities for their support for the invasion.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
Makinde congratulates Adeleke, urges INEC to conduct credible 2027 elections
The off-cycle election is a litmus test for the 2027 general election, according to Mr Makinde, who urged the commission not to let Nigerians down in 2027.

Lagos
Lagos restates ban on use of vehicle dealer number plates
The Lagos government has reiterated its ban on the permanent or everyday use of dealer number plates by motorists and vehicle dealers.

States
Wike-sanctioned Rainbow coalition pledges inclusive Rivers reconciliation
The reconciliation efforts aim to restore political harmony among stakeholders while fostering unity, progress and development across Rivers.

Anti-Corruption
Looted Wealth: Nigerians who forfeited assets to FG (1)
The asset forfeiture followed court rulings after the country’s anti-corruption agencies, especially the EFCC, pressed charges against them after investigations.

Economy
Seplat-NNPC empowers 127 teachers in Imo
The beneficiaries received training through the Seplat Teachers Empowerment Programme, with the first Imo cohort graduating in Owerri.

Anti-Corruption
Osun Account Freeze: Gov Adeleke withdraws suit against EFCC after Tinubu’s intervention
“I have instructed my attorney general to drop it (lawsuit against EFCC). Mr President has done well. He called me. What more do I want? He has waded in,” Mr Adeleke said.






