Al-Minuki: U.S. congressman charges Trump to continue hunting down terrorists killing Christians in Nigeria

Riley Moore, a U.S. congressman, has urged President Donald Trump to continue hunting down terrorists like slain ISIS kingpin Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, who killed Christians in Nigeria.
The U.S. congressman made this call in a post on social media on Saturday, reacting to the elimination of Mr Al-Minuki in a joint operation by U.S. and Nigerian forces.
Lauding Mr Trump for keeping his promise to protect persecuted Christians in Nigeria and for taking decisive action against Mr Al-Minuki, Mr Moore said the number two in command of ISIS globally and his “men were directly responsible for the horrific violence and martyrdom of our brothers and sisters in Christ.”
“Eliminating ISIS’ leadership sends a clear message: those who target innocent Christians will be hunted down and brought to justice,” Mr Moore said.
He added, “But our work is not done. The ongoing slaughter of Christians in Nigeria’s Middle Belt remains one of the world’s worst humanitarian and religious persecution crises.”
Mr Moore, who was among a U.S. fact-finding delegation to Nigeria last year, said that although the elimination of Mr Al-Minuki and his men will weaken the terrorist group in the region, it “cannot be the final act and America “must continue to resolutely defend our innocent brothers and sisters in Christ from genocidal, radical Islamic terrorists.”
The execution of Mr Al-Minuki comes five months after Mr Trump ordered airstrikes against terrorists in their enclave in Sokoto State on December 25, 2025, following months of campaigns over alleged Christian genocide in Nigeria.
Though the Nigerian government has repeatedly denied Christian genocide in the country, it confirmed it collaborated with U.S. forces to eliminate Mr Al-Minuki.
Mr Trump had also redesignated Nigeria as a Country of Particular Concern last year, warning to sustain attacks against terrorists in Africa’s most populous country.
The government of Mr Trump has said that the execution of Mr Al-Minuki and his foot soldiers on Nigerian soil is a reminder that American forces will go after enemies of the country and those killing Christians around the world.
“Operations like last night’s demonstrate the exceptional lethality, patience and skill of U.S. forces, amplified alongside willing and capable partners, to address shared threats,” Peter Hegseth, U.S. Secretary of War, said on X, lauding American and Nigerian forces for the successful operation.
“This should serve as a reminder that we will hunt down those who wish to harm Americans or innocent Christians, wherever they are,” Mr Hegseth added.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
My goal is to deliver Rivers, FCT for Tinubu in 2027; not interested in APC campaign DG position: Wike
Mr Wike said that he has no interest in being a member of Mr Tinubu’s presidential campaign council.

Africa
Former world boxing champion Zolani Tete shot dead outside his home in South Africa
The motive behind the killing of the boxer is yet to be ascertained, according to the police.

Sport
List of Premier League stars expected to shine in 2026/2027 season
Last season, Gonzalo García scored 12 goals and provided four assists in all competitions.

World
Passenger’s laptop catches fire on American Airlines flight
The plane, which took off from Atlanta, had 133 individuals on board.

Heading 1
FG approves two new satellites to boost connectivity
Mrs Nkechi Egerton-Idehen said the approval marked an important milestone for the company and Nigeria.

Abuja
2027: NDC South-East targets one million votes for Obi/Kwankwaso in FCT
Mr Nwosu said the group would commence intensive mobilisation ahead of the campaigns.






