Bahrain confirms external attacks within its borders, affirms right to respond

Bahrain, an island country in the Middle East, on Saturday confirmed that its territory was subjected to externally motivated attacks targeting certain sites and locations.
In a statement by the country’s official communication agency, the National Communication Centre (NCC), the Bahraini government described the external attacks within its borders as a brazen violation of its sovereignty and security.
“The National Communication Centre (NCC) confirmed that the Kingdom of Bahrain had been subjected to external attacks targeting sites and installations within its borders. These actions constituted a flagrant violation of the Kingdom’s sovereignty and security,” the statement said.
Explaining its immediate response to the attacks, the agency disclosed that the country’s security and military outfits were activated to implement emergency protocols and undertake necessary operational safety measures.
“The security and military authorities had immediately activated established emergency protocols and were taking all necessary operational measures on the ground,” the agency stated.
The agency reaffirmed the Bahraini government’s right to adequately respond to the security threats and attacks and to initiate defensive measures in coordination with its allies and partners.
“The government affirmed its full right to respond and to take all necessary measures to defend its national security and safeguard its sovereignty, in coordination with its allies and partners,” the statement read.
Conveying Bahrain’s authority condemnation of the attacks as “treacherous,” the agency stated that the attacks constituted a direct threat to the country’s security and citizens’ safety.
Cautioning against the spread of fake news, the agency urged the public to exercise vigilance and rely exclusively on official sources in the country for genuine information.
Earlier on Saturday, the United States and Israel launched deadly strikes on Iran, a country in the Middle East. The strikes targeted the office of its Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and the country’s nuclear sites.
Speaking about the incident, American President Donald Trump, in a broadcast, declared that the U.S. was out to eliminate members of Iran’s “terrible regime.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
‘I hereby endorse Tinubu for second term in 2027 presidential election,’ Gov Adeleke declares
“My support is just based on the fact that he is a Yoruba man and he’s from the South-West…I will go all out for President Tinubu in 2027,” said Governor Ademola Adeleke.

States
Gov Idris drops Abubakar-Tafida, picks ex-finance commissioner as running mate
Governor Nasir Idris has replaced his deputy, Umar Abubakar-Tafida, with ex-finance commissioner Ibrahim Muhammad-Augie as his running mate for the 2027 governorship election.

Opinion
Osun election shows all is not fair in Nigerian politics
The Osun governorship election has now provided an important measure of where Nigeria stands.

States
14 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi, Plateau operations: Army
The troops had launched a search-and-rescue operation after the victims were kidnapped on Tuesday.

States
19-year-old girl under pressure to start having children allegedly steals newborn baby
According to the police, the suspect was under pressure to have a child, as some of her peers had already given birth.

Politics
Makinde congratulates Adeleke, urges INEC to conduct credible 2027 elections
The off-cycle election is a litmus test for the 2027 general election, according to Mr Makinde, who urged the commission not to let Nigerians down in 2027.






