British man who murdered Gordon Ogunmuyiwa sentenced to 21 years’ imprisonment

The Woolwich Crown Court has sentenced British nation Paul Campbell to decades in prison for the murder of a former doctor.
Mr Campbell was handed a 21-year jail term with a five-year extended licence for killing Gordon Ogunmuyiwa, in South-East, London.
According to the UK Metropolitan Police, the 43-year-old convict, on December 24, 2022, brutally assaulted Mr Ogunmuyiwa, 62. Me Campbell fled the scene after the assault.
The London Ambulance Service, said to have called the police to report of a man who had died in a house in Dunheved Road West, Thornton Heath, told officers upon arrival, that the suspect, who is a registered tenant of the address, was absent.
Attempts to reach Mr Campbell on phone was also futile, prompting officers, after making enquiries about him, to launch a murder investigation. Fellow residents were interrogated and their responses help the police quickly establish a pattern of behaviour.
The police also conducted a financial search and discovered that Mr Campbell had been making withdrawals from the victim’s credit cards which he used to buy an iPhone from a second-hand shop, a week after the incident.
He was, however, arrested on January 11, 2023, and charged the next day, while a post-mortem examination conducted revealed that the defendant had multiple injuries. His sentence followed a three-week trial that concluded on May 8, 2025.
Expressing his condolences to the family of the diseased, Detective Chief who led the Met’s investigation, Inspector Samantha Townsend, described Mr Ogunmuyiwa, as a gentle man with no history of violence.
“Ill-health, however, had seen him become increasingly vulnerable, something Campbell, a selfish and self-serving man took advantage of. It is hard to make sense of Campbell’s actions however, I can only hope that today’s sentence can go some way in providing a sense of justice to Gordon’s family,” the inspector stated.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
Veteran Nollywood actor Taiwo Hassan Ogogo is dead
One of his daughters announced the news in an Instagram post on Sunday.

NationWide
2027: Politics must not undermine Nigeria’s national unity, APC chairman Yilwatda says
“I urge Nigerians to see our diversity not as a weakness, but as a source of strength. As we approach another electoral season, we must reject division and violence,” he said.

World
Ukraine embassy marks 35th independence anniversary, reaffirms struggle for freedom
Mr Kholostenko described it as a day that embodied the Ukrainian people’s enduring struggle for freedom, statehood and the right to determine their own future.

States
Police arrest two suspected kidnappers in Ondo
Police arrested two suspected kidnappers in connection with the abduction of a man, Abubakar Abdullahim, in Ondo State.

States
Security forces kill six suspected secessionists in Anambra
The Commissioner of Police in Anambra, Nnanna Ama, said a joint security team comprising the army, navy, police, SSS, and local vigilantes conducted the operation.

Heading 5
People exploiting actor Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ Hassan’s illness to make money, daughter alleges
Ms Taiwo said some Nigerians are exploiting her father’s ailment to make money.






