Celine Dion cancels North American shows amid health crisis
An ongoing health issue caused pop superstar Celine Dion to cancel another string of concerts as she focused on her recovery.
Dion won’t return for the remaining North American shows on her ‘Courage’ tour following treatment for “severe and persistent muscle spasms,” concert organisers said in an announcement at the weekend.
“I suppose I just have to be more patient and follow the regimen that my doctors are prescribing,” Dion said in a statement. “There’s a lot of organising and preparation that goes into our shows, and so we have to make decisions today which will affect the plans two months down the road.”
The cancelled concerts were scheduled for March 9 to April 22.
Stops in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, and Washington DC were cancelled.
Last October, Dion postponed the debut of her latest Las Vegas residency, which had been scheduled to begin in November, due to recurring muscle spasms.
“I’m heartbroken by this,” Dion, 53, said at the time.
Her current ‘Courage’ tour was postponed in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and is now slated to resume in England in late May.
The Canadian-born singer had performed 52 concerts on the tour before the pandemic postponement.
“I’ll be so glad to get back to full health, as well as all of us getting past this pandemic, and I can’t wait to be back on stage again,” Dion said on Saturday. “Meanwhile, I’ve been very touched by all the words of encouragement that everyone’s been sending to me on social media.”
Dion is known for hits such as “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now” and “My Heart Will Go On.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Operatives of the NSCDC arrested four suspected vandals and recovered 500 railway slippers in Kaduna.
His greatest challenger, Oladipo Ajomale, pulled 30 votes from the 30 party delegates to emerge winner of the exercise.
The Returning Officer, Ewosho Oladunjoye, declared Mr Faleke the winner having polled 47 votes out of a possible 50.
Mr Folarin polled 954 votes, Mr Adelabu 327, Mr Agbaje 15, Mr Alao six, Mr Adeduntan two votes while Mr Akintola had no vote.
The meeting got underway at about 10:30 p.m., an official said.