Diego Costa’s Premier League return stalls over work permit

Diego Costa’s English Premier League return appears to have stalled as the UK government rejected his work permit application.
Wolves immediately launched an appeal after Costa’s work permit application was rejected.
The former Chelsea forward’s move to the Premier League with Wolverhampton Wanderers hit the wall on Tuesday after his work permit application was denied.
Costa was due to undergo medicals at Wolves today, ahead of his free transfer return to England after he terminated his contract with Brazilian club Atlético Mineiro after only six months.
However, Skysports have now reported the deal would not progress, at least for now, after the striker’s application for a work permit was rejected due to inadequate points on his paperwork.
“Diego Costa has had his work permit application rejected due to not having enough points on his application, Wolves have appealed the decision,” the club’s statement said.
The major factor that led to the application denial is due to Costa’s lack of international appearance. He had not featured for any club since December 21, when he terminated his contract with his former club.
Wolves have now appealed the rejection verdict and expected to receive a response in the next 48 hours.
If the transfer is successful, the 33-year-old will replace Wolves’ new signing Sasa Kalajdzic, who sustained an ACL injury during his debut for the club.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
Davido opposes Adeleke’s support for Tinubu, says ‘evil’ APC killed people over Osun governorship election
“Y’all kept it bloody n lost! Pple died! F**k yall!!,” Davido lashed at APC and its supporters.

Politics
‘I hereby endorse Tinubu for second term in 2027 presidential election,’ Gov Adeleke declares
“My support is just based on the fact that he is a Yoruba man and he’s from the South-West…I will go all out for President Tinubu in 2027,” said Governor Ademola Adeleke.

States
Gov Idris drops Abubakar-Tafida, picks ex-finance commissioner as running mate
Governor Nasir Idris has replaced his deputy, Umar Abubakar-Tafida, with ex-finance commissioner Ibrahim Muhammad-Augie as his running mate for the 2027 governorship election.

Opinion
Osun election shows all is not fair in Nigerian politics
The Osun governorship election has now provided an important measure of where Nigeria stands.

States
14 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi, Plateau operations: Army
The troops had launched a search-and-rescue operation after the victims were kidnapped on Tuesday.

States
19-year-old girl under pressure to start having children allegedly steals newborn baby
According to the police, the suspect was under pressure to have a child, as some of her peers had already given birth.






