Eighteen killed in northwest China flood
The death toll from a mountain torrent disaster triggered by heavy rain in northwest China’s Qinghai Province has risen to 18 as of 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
According to local reports, another 13 persons were still missing.
Emergency response headquarters for the disaster said sudden heavy downpour on Wednesday lashed Datong Hui and Tu Autonomous County, triggering flash floods and mudslides and causing rivers to change course.
The headquarter said over 6,000 residents in six local villages had been affected by the natural calamity.
The province successfully activated its Level-II and Level-I emergency responses for disasters, the top two highest levels in the country’s grading system for emergency response.
Local authorities have mobilised more than 4,500 people to search for the missing people.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”
The governor said successive administrations did not give adequate attention to the welfare of retirees.
The budget comprises N87.25 billion, or 42 per cent, for recurrent expenditure and N120.5 billion, or 58 per cent, for capital expenditure.
Ms Nwogazi also told the court that the three accused persons allegedly belonged to a society known as Eiye Confraternity.
The comptroller said the command had introduced more sensitive security measures to prevent smuggling in the area.