#EndSARS: ‘I don’t walk with murderers’, Dele Farotimi replies to Sanwo-Olu
Lawyer and activist Dele Farotimi, among those Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu invited to participate in a peace walk, has declined the invitation.
“I do not walk in the company of murderers…#Enikure #LekkiMassacre,” the lawyer tweeted on Wednesday morning.
Mr Sanwo-Olu, on whose invitation the Nigerian Army sent soldiers to brutally disperse young protesters at the tollgate resulting in a massacre, stressed that his administration was determined that the next steps that will be taken in this process of coming to terms with the events of October 2020, “must bring closure to a painful episode in the history of our state.”
“In December, I will be leading ‘A Walk for Peace’ to herald the healing of our land. Let me use this occasion to extend an open invitation to our youths, members of the diplomatic corps, civil society groups, students and the media as well as other stakeholders to join me,” said the Lagos governor as he invited “Folarin Falana (Falz), Debo Adebayo (Mr Macaroni), Dele Farotimi, Temitope Majekodunmi. Segun Awosanya (Segalinks), Adetoun (Just Detoun), Seun Kuti, CP Hakeem Odunosu, CSP Yinka Egbeyemi,” to join in the march.
“Join me on this historic march for our dear Lagos. Nobody will build this city for us,” Mr Sanwo-Olu urged the listed individuals. “Let us show the world who we are. We are Lagosians: people of great renown, driven by the irrepressible spirit of Lagos.”
More from Peoples Gazette
Mr Abdullahi said the community had suffered more than 13 attacks, lost more than 50 persons and have spent over N200 million in the last two years as ransom.
Liverpool are now second on the EPL log with 45 points in 21 games, displacing Chelsea who had 43 points in 22 games so far.
The APC chieftain, who is aspiring to become Nigeria’s president in 2023, has revved up visitations to politicians in the name of sympathy.
The traffic diversions and road rehabilitation would last for three months, Lagos transport commissioner said.
Police spokesman in the state, Wasiu Abiodun, in a statement in Minna on Sunday, said the victims were abducted at about 02:00 a.m. on Friday.
EEDC warned that if electricity theft was not abated, energy services in the region would be jeopardised.