Ex-Arsenal player Thomas Partey to face rape charges in UK April 10

Former Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey will, on April 10, 2026, appear at the Westminster Magistrates’ Court in England to defend himself against two new allegations of raping a woman in London in December 2020.
The court fixed the date after excusing the 32-year-old Ghanaian from appearing at the preliminary hearing for the new charges on Friday and released him on bail, on the condition that he does not contact the alleged victim.
At the preliminary stages of the case presided over by Deputy Chief Magistrate Tan Ikram, the prosecutor, Arabella MacDonald, told the court that, “Mr Partey faces two further charges of rape dating back to December 2020. The complainant came forward after news of Mr Partey’s other matters were widely publicised.”
Judge Ikram, therefore, transferred the new rape charges, filed in February, to the crown court for hearing on April 10. The player’s barrister, Emma Fenn, however, claims that the Villarreal of Spain player intends to plead ‘not guilty’.
According to a Metropolitan Police investigation, the former Atletico Madrid player is also facing five counts of rape involving two women and sexual assault against another victim.
While he had already pleaded ‘not guilty’ to the counts dating back to 2021 and 2022, the trial for this older case is set for November at Southwark Crown Court.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Heading 5
Six-year-old pupil collapses, dies after teacher’s scolding over homework
The pupil’s father said his son had no health issues before leaving home.

Africa
Paul Biya returns to Cameroon after spending more than two months in Europe
Mr Biya left the country on June 7.

States
Gov Abdulrazaq poorly managing Kwara APC ahead of 2027 elections: Senator Mustapha
Saliu Mustapha, the lawmaker representing Kwara Central, has accused Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of poorly managing members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state

World
TikTok to pay $400 million in settlement to U.S. govt over children’s privacy litigation
The settlement represents one of the largest recoveries ever obtained in a COPPA case.

Lagos
NEPA/PHCN retirees protest against non-payment of pension arrears, entitlements
Mr Dunmoye said the pensioners repeatedly engaged relevant authorities over the issues but had yet to get a satisfactory resolution.







