FBI offers $150,000 reward for information on wanted fraudster who stole $1.2 billion
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has offered a whopping sum of $150,000 as a reward for anyone who provides information on the wanted fraudster, Herbert Leon Kimble.
Mr Kimble, 60, was involved in a large-scale healthcare fraud conspiracy that resulted in the loss of $1.2 billion, the FBI stated in a post on X on Friday.
“The FBI is offering a reward of up to $150,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Herbert Leon Kimble,” the statement said.
It added that Mr Kimble is “a member of the Most Wanted Fraudsters List who is wanted for his alleged involvement in a large-scale healthcare fraud conspiracy that resulted in more than $1.2 billion in Medicare charges and affected thousands of Medicare beneficiaries, many of whom were elderly victims,” the statement reads.
Mr Kimble was listed in a new wanted list dedicated to publicly identifying individuals charged with defrauding the American people.
FBI Director Kash Patel said the FBI under President Donald Trump is going all out against fraudsters within and outside America.
“Just in the last year under the Trump-Vance administration and the fraud initiative,” Mr Patel said in a post on X on Friday. “We have captured and freed $8 billion in fraud from scam centres that were stood up by the CCP and other adversaries.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices
Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”
Heading 5
Arsenal beat Coventry City 3-0 in Premier League opener
Kai Havertz found the back of the net in the first 15 minutes of the game.
Africa
DR Congo’s Ebola death toll hits 2,500
He projected that the existing funds will be exhausted in weeks.
States
Troops rescue 43-year-old kidnap victim in Kaduna, kill terrorist in Sokoto
The spokesperson said that troops engaged the terrorists and forced them to withdraw in disarray.
Sport
Usain Bolt registers to play for Manchester Sunday league team
The 40-year-old Manchester United fan registered as a player for Wythenshawe Vets FC.
Education
WAEC announces release of 2026 WASSCE digital certificates
The examination body asked candidates to log on to waec.org to access their certificates.
Heading 5
Prince Harry, Elton John, five others ordered to make initial payment of £9.5 million to Daily Mail publisher
The judge said the plaintiffs had not built an airtight case.






