Saturday, August 22, 2026

Gov Soludo faults Trump’s invasion threats, says Africa didn’t invade U.S. over #BlackLivesMatter

Mr Soludo noted that foreign intervention should be sought by Nigeria, not face invasion threats from the world’s most powerful nation.

• November 3, 2025
Soludo
Soludo(photo credit:premium times nigeria)

Anambra State Governor Charles Soludo has faulted U.S. President Donald Trump’s threat to invade Nigeria over alleged Christian genocide in the country.

‎Mr Soludo, during a media chat on Channels TV on Sunday, noted that Nigeria’s sovereignty must be respected despite the U.S. concern about the alleged Christian genocide.

‎“As a country, America has its own right to have its own views about what is going on elsewhere,” said Mr Soludo. “But when it comes to what it does, I am sure it must also act within the realm of international law.”

In a post on his Truth Social platform, Mr Trump threatened to halt all aid to Nigeria and directed the Department of War to prepare for “possible action” if the alleged killing of Christians continued.

However, Mr Soludo noted that foreign intervention should be sought by Nigeria, not face invasion threats from the world’s most powerful nation.

The former CBN governor stressed that it would be equally absurd for African nations to threaten the U.S. with an invasion over its racial violence, especially against blacks.

He said, “I am not quite sure if you have policemen killing some blacks. I remember the #BlackLivesMatter protest, and somebody would say maybe Africa should go and invade America because blacks are being killed? I’m not quite sure.”

He rather emphasised the need for the Nigerian government to engage in a substantive dialogue to address the concerns raised by the U.S.

‎“It must end in conversation, and I am sure the government of Nigeria will respond very robustly. Nigeria is such a big country, and the government is doing a whole lot to safeguard it,” Mr Soludo stated.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

The U.S Pentagon building in Arlington, Virginia

World

U.S. military fires publisher, top editor of Stars and Stripes reporting U.S. navy sailors’ travails

The newspaper’s publisher since 2007, Max Lederer, who had earlier this week announced his retirement in September, was also fired.

Atiku Abubakar

Heading 2

Atiku’s latest position on subsidy driven by political desperation, says ex-APC spokesman

Mr Oladejo noted that subsidy removal should not be reduced to a mere campaign slogan.

MultiChoice

NationWide

EPL: GOtv, DStv subscribers decry activation delay

One of the subscribers, Abuja Streets (@abujastreets) wrote on X on Friday that the EPL resumed but subscribers were stranded.

President Donald Trump and Mark Carney

World

Carney vows retaliation as Trump govt slams fresh 50% tariffs on Canadian goods

Mr Trump set a deadline for negotiations, but negotiators said they had yet to reach an agreement.

Gunmen

States

Terrorists storm Niger mosque during prayers, abduct worshippers

The police said security operatives had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.