Hamas indicates readiness to release civilian hostages if Israel stops bombing Gaza

The spokesperson for the Hamas terrorist organisation has signalled readiness to free all civilian hostages on the condition that Israel ceases fire and halts its reprisal on Gaza, marking a significant shift in the insurgents’ previous stance.
Tensions have flared between Israeli authorities and Hamas after the terrorist sect unleashed terror on attendees of a music festival in Israel on October 7. At least 200 festival-goers, including U.S. citizens, were abducted by the sect as hostages.
Israel responded with the same aggression, launching airstrikes that have killed hundreds of thousands in the Gaza Strip. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said plans have been perfected for the nation’s military to invade Gaza.
But a report by MSNBC says the Islamist insurgents, who refer to the abducted civilians as “guests”, are now willing to release them should the planned invasion of the Gaza Strip be paused.
“If the bombing stops, he(Hamas militant) said that all of the civilian hostages, Israeli and foreigners, could be released in one hour,” Richard Engel, MSNBC’s chief foreign correspondent, reported Tuesday evening.
“They are being treated as guests, [the spokesman said].”
When pressed on why the hostages could not be immediately freed, MSNBC was told that “it is impossible because Israel is bombing everywhere and there is no safe place.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
EPL: GOtv, DStv subscribers decry activation delay
One of the subscribers, Abuja Streets (@abujastreets) wrote on X on Friday that the EPL resumed but subscribers were stranded.

World
Carney vows retaliation as Trump govt slams fresh 50% tariffs on Canadian goods
Mr Trump set a deadline for negotiations, but negotiators said they had yet to reach an agreement.

States
Terrorists storm Niger mosque during prayers, abduct worshippers
The police said security operatives had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.

Heading 2
2027: Ex-Zamfara governor Yari named APC campaign DG for Tinubu’s re-election
Muiz Banire will head the Legal Directorate, with Dr Liman Hassan and Babatunde Ogala as deputies.

Hot news Home top
Photo, details of Nwabueze Buchi George, coordinator of fresh fake agency ICPC uncovered in Tinubu’s govt
The Peoples Gazette’s check for Mr Nwabueze’s digital footprint showed he runs social media accounts and a website: Made in Nigeria.

States
Taraba govt unveils action plan to tackle climate change
Mr Kefas urged the federal government, the national council on climate change and other stakeholders to work with the state to implement the policy and action plan.






