I know killers of seven people in my convoy, but I won’t name them: Pastor Suleman

Apostle Johnson Suleman of Omega Fire Ministries International has said he knows the gunmen that fired live rounds at his convoy and killed seven people.
After narrowly escaping an assassination on Thursday evening in Auchi, a university community about 140 kilometres northeast of Benin, the Edo State capital, Mr Suleman released a short video in which he alleged that there have been attempts to kill him since 2017.
The preacher, who had just returned from a mission in Tanzania, explained that gunmen fired shots directly at the vehicle conveying him and his family, but he survived with his wife and children; while seven people in the convoy, including at least three police officers, were killed. It was unclear how many security aides were in the convoy.
Peoples Gazette had earlier reported that gunmen attacked the convoy of Mr Suleman around 5:00 p.m. on Friday in what seemed a botched abduction attempt. But police and other sources said the attackers were aiming to kill the fiery Pentecostal preacher and not abduct him for a ransom.
Chidi Nwabuzor, Edo police spokesman, a manhunt has commenced for the assailants. At least one suspect was reportedly taken into custody by members of a local vigilante group.
Mr Suleman said the attackers “expect” him to mention their names to the public but he won’t because it is likely they will “deny” the allegations.
“They decided to make an attempt on my life. I just escaped an assassination attempt, where seven people were killed. My car was attacked, they opened bullets on my car, they kept spraying it with bullets, my wife and kid were there,” Mr Suleman said.
“The escorts car with the police, they kill the policemen and the other escort vehicle. We lost seven people. We were all moving in a convoy.
“People expect me to come out and mention their names so they will come out to deny I won’t do that.”
The cleric added, “But the truth of the matter is that you “can’t kill me.” My life is in the hand of God.
He mentioned that he is a “man of God” and refused to chase clout over the issue.
He said that his family is mourning the dead while he prayed for the deceased.
“You don’t have an idea of the things that happened in 2017, the people who are behind it. You may come and do your own thing but it is beyond what you are thinking,” Mr Suleman said.
“I’m alive for those who have been calling, I’m well, my family is fine. I feel bad for the life’s that have been taken. We are mourning but Jesus is lord. And for all those who were killed may their soul rest in peace.”
Mr Suleman emphasised that the killers will reap whatever they have “sow” for wasting people’s lives.
“For the young men who opened the fire and kept wasting people. I won’t take your life but the seed that you sow you will reap it.
“I want Nigerians to know that a coordinated liar swallows an uncoordinated truth, with time the teeth will come out,” Mr Suleman said.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Heading 2
FBI announces recruitment exercise in U.S, other countries
Mr Rothrock said America needs help to sustain its national peace from home and around the world.

States
Troops foil mass abduction in Zamfara
The spokesman for the operation said the incident occurred on Sunday.

Heading 5
Obi demands compensation for victims of electoral violence, killings in Osun
The NDC chieftain stressed the need for a democracy where elections are conducted without violence.

Abuja
Nigeria’s capital city Abuja flooded, vehicles submerged as FCT residents accuse Wike of encroaching on green areas
According to Mr Olayinka, the FCT administration is working to improve the drainage system.

Heading 4
NFF sacks Super Falcons coach, technical team After WAFCON, World Cup qualification failures
Mr Madugu led the team to their 10th WAFCON title in July 2025.

Sport
Coventry City confirm signing of Taiwo Awoniyi from Nottingham Forest
In 2022, Awoniyi signed with Nottingham Forest in a record fee worth €17.2 million.






