I’m reborn; father of seven children; wrong to assault Cassie, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs begs for mercy on judgement day

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs has written a lengthy letter to U.S. District Judge Arun Subramanian just hours before his sentencing on October 3, offering a remorseful plea for leniency and reflecting on what he described as the darkest chapter of his life.
The letter, dated October 2, came only days after singer Cassie Ventura, his former partner, addressed the court in her own statement, recounting the abuse she endured.
Diddy directly referenced the incident, admitting that the “scene and images of me assaulting Cassie play over and over in my head daily”.
“I literally lost my mind. I was dead wrong for putting my hands on the woman that I loved. I’m sorry for that and always will be,” he said.
The 55-year-old music mogul, convicted earlier this year on federal charges linked to abuse and trafficking allegations, told the judge he has been humbled by prison life.
He described his time behind bars as both mentally crushing and transformative.
“Jail is designed to break you mentally, physically and spiritually. Over the past year, there have been so many times that I wanted to give up. The old me died in jail and a new version of me was reborn,” he said.
Diddy also said he has spent his incarceration focusing on sobriety, therapy, and mentoring fellow inmates through a six-week program called Free Game, which he said has brought rival gangs together in one room.
“Being able to do something good for others has also given me much-needed hope,” he wrote.
Throughout the four-page letter, Diddy repeatedly asked the court for mercy, citing his role as the sole parent to his seven children following the death of their mother, Kim Porter, in 2018.
He also mentioned his 84-year-old mother’s fragile health, saying, “As I write you this letter, I am scared to death. Scared to spend another second away from my mother and my children. I no longer care about the money or the fame. There is nothing more important to me than my family.”
The Bad Boy Records founder acknowledged that no amount of wealth or influence could alter his reality.
“I realise that I am in a situation where no amount of money, power, or fame can save me. Only God can save me,” he said.
Diddy’s letter arrived just hours before he is due to learn his fate in court. His sentencing follows more than two years of legal battles and public scrutiny, during which his former partner, Cassie, filed a high-profile lawsuit accusing him of years of abuse.
Judge Subramanian is expected to deliver Combs’ sentence later today in the Southern District of New York.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Economy
Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of its deal between the United States and Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.

World
Thousands keep vigil to mourn Jason Arday
Thousands of people gathered on Monday at a vigil in Trafalgar Square for Jason Arday, a 41-year-old Cambridge University professor who died amid allegations of plagiarism.

Africa
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
WHO says Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest the country has ever faced.

Economy
Abia tax reform targets efficiency, says commissioner
The Abia government says its tax reforms are designed to improve transparency, accountability and efficiency in revenue collection.

States
NDLEA vows to crush drug cartels in Nigeria
The chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Buba Marwa, has vowed to sustain the agency’s crackdown on drug cartels.

States
Zamfara Accord Party governorship candidate hails Adeleke
Zamfara Accord Party governorship flag bearer Musa Yusuf-Garba felicitated Governor Ademola Adeleke on his re-election in the August 15 Osun election.






