Saturday, August 22, 2026

Insecurity: Abdulrazaq, Bago discuss collaboration against terrorist attacks in Kwara, Niger

Mr Abdulrazaq urged security forces to bring the full weight of state power against terrorists and their collaborators

• February 16, 2026
Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq
Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq and Governor Mohammed Bago of Niger

Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, on Monday visited and commiserated with Governor Mohammed Bago of Niger over the terrorist attacks on Sunday in Tunga-Makeri, Konkoso, and Pissa communities in Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State.

In a post on X, Mr Abdulrazaq, whose state also recorded terrorist attacks in some communities, revealed that he discussed with Mr Bago how they could both collaborate to address the insecurity in their domains.

Mr Abdulrazaq wrote, “Today, on behalf of the Nigeria Governor’s Forum (NGF), I paid a condolence visit to Niger State Governor, His Excellency Mohammed Umar Bago, over last night’s terror attack across three communities of Tunga-Makeri, Konkoso and Pissa.

“Our hearts go out to all the families who lost dear ones in the unfortunate terrorist attack. I identified with the trauma and pains of the survivors, and prayed for the safe returns of those who are still missing.

“During the visit, Farmer-Governor Bago and I explored new areas of collaboration to strengthen security and public safety in our two states linked by a border.”

Mr Abdulrazaq, therefore, urged security forces to bring the full weight of state power against terrorists and their collaborators, adding that he strongly believes in their capacity to win the war against terrorism, banditry, and kidnapping.

Terrorists invaded three communities, killed at least 32 people, kidnapped an unspecified number of people, and set some houses ablaze, leaving many residents displaced.

Also in Woro and Nukku communities in Kaiama LGAs of Kwara, terrorists, on February 3, 2026, killed dozens of innocent people for allegedly rejecting a strange doctrine they perceived to be inconsistent with Islam.

Although the state government claimed that between 20 and 30 people were abducted in Woro, the terrorist group, Al-Sunnah, which claimed responsibility for the attacks, revealed that they kidnapped not fewer than 176 people.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

MultiChoice

NationWide

EPL: GOtv, DStv subscribers decry activation delay

One of the subscribers, Abuja Streets (@abujastreets) wrote on X on Friday that the EPL resumed but subscribers were stranded.

President Donald Trump and Mark Carney

World

Carney vows retaliation as Trump govt slams fresh 50% tariffs on Canadian goods

Mr Trump set a deadline for negotiations, but negotiators said they had yet to reach an agreement.

Gunmen

States

Terrorists storm Niger mosque during prayers, abduct worshippers

The police said security operatives had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.

Abdulaziz Yari

Heading 2

2027: Ex-Zamfara governor Yari named APC campaign DG for Tinubu’s re-election

Muiz Banire will head the Legal Directorate, with Dr Liman Hassan and Babatunde Ogala as deputies.

George Buchi Nwabueze

Hot news Home top

Photo, details of Nwabueze Buchi George, coordinator of fresh fake agency ICPC uncovered in Tinubu’s govt

The Peoples Gazette’s check for Mr Nwabueze’s digital footprint showed he runs social media accounts and a website: Made in Nigeria.

Governor Agbu Kefas, Aisha Barde and others

States

Taraba govt unveils action plan to tackle climate change

Mr Kefas urged the federal government, the national council on climate change and other stakeholders to work with the state to implement the policy and action plan.