Monday, August 17, 2026

Boko Haram beheads 43 Nigerian farmers

The bodies of the farmers have been evacuated to a community near Maiduguri, a report said.

• November 28, 2020
Borno on map used to illustrate the story
Borno on map used to illustrate the story

Forty-three farmers have been reportedly executed by suspected members of Boko Haram, HumAngle reported on Saturday.

The outlet said the farmers were killed in Zabarmari, about 20 kilometres from Maiduguri, the Borno capital where Nigerian military has used as headquarters in the ongoing war against insurgency.

Residents have reportedly said the victims would not be buried until Governor Babagana Zulum arrived to see the carnage, HumAngle reported.

The beheadings came weeks after the governor’s convoy was attacked, leaving several police officers and soldiers killed. Boko Haram fighters also struck a military convoy last week, killing several Nigerian soldiers.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Nigerian Society of Engineers

States

NSE calls for engineering innovation to tackle Nigeria’s security challenges

The chairman urged young engineers to embrace continuous professional development.

States

Ex-lawmaker decries attacks on APC chieftain Igbokwe’s Anambra residence

He described the vandalisation of Mr Igbokwe’s residence as unacceptable.

NDLEA

Lagos

NDLEA destroys N301 billion worth of cocaine, others in Lagos

The drugs were destroyed on Monday following a court order.

Court room used to illustrate the story

States

Police arraign man for alleged N1.8 million motorcycle theft

The prosecutor said the defendant and one other suspect, still at large, committed the offence on August 7 in Ado-Ekiti.

Kwara State

States

Kwara unveils roadmap to tackle viral hepatitis

Kwara State government on Monday inaugurated a comprehensive viral hepatitis elimination roadmap.

Courtroom

Lagos

Lagos police arraign three men over alleged N1.9 million theft

The magistrate adjourned the case until September 2 for mention.