Kwara: Bandits launch fresh attacks on Dinna, Marri communities, kidnap residents

Bandits stormed the Dinna and Marri communities in Patigi LGA on Thursday, wounding several residents and leaving others missing.
NupekoTv-Lafiagi, a news platform based in Kwara north, reported that the assailants stormed the communities in large number, leaving residents with little or no chance to escape.
It added that while several people sustained injuries during the violent attack, an unspecified number of residents were reportedly kidnapped.
Residents, who spoke to Peoples Gazette on condition of anonymity on Friday said, “Yes, I can confirm the communities were struck by gunmen who came in large numbers Thursday evening. I don’t know the number of people abducted, but many people sustained injuries.”
Another resident, who accused the Kwara government of abandoning the communities, said the invaders stormed the communities on Thursday evening.
“They came full armed and surrounded the village. While I could not confirm whether people were killed, I know many people, including some of my friends, were wounded and abducted. The state government should be blamed for not paying attention to the growing attacks in Kwara north,” he stated.
Meanwhile, there were reports that bandits killed at least four farmers in Mari, Dinna and Emikpangi villages on Thursday evening.
When contacted on Friday, police spokesperson SP Adetoun Ejire-Adeyemi did not immediately confirm the attacks when contacted
Last week, Rafiu Ajakaye, chief press secretary to Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, said the government acknowledged festering insecurity as a serious national problem and that efforts and resources were being channelled to address the situation.
“We readily acknowledge that banditry and terrorism are a serious problem. We do not make any show of whose deaths are more; a human life is priceless. Every resource is being channelled to end the madness of the bad faith actors. The security agencies are never left without the support of the state government. This is in hundreds of millions of naira every month,” Mr Ajakaye stated.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Heading 5
Arsenal beat Coventry City 3-0 in Premier League opener
Kai Havertz found the back of the net in the first 15 minutes of the game.Â

Africa
DR Congo’s Ebola death toll hits 2,500
He projected that the existing funds will be exhausted in weeks.

States
Troops rescue 43-year-old kidnap victim in Kaduna, kill terrorist in SokotoÂ
The spokesperson said that troops engaged the terrorists and forced them to withdraw in disarray.

Sport
Usain Bolt registers to play for Manchester Sunday league team
The 40-year-old Manchester United fan registered as a player for Wythenshawe Vets FC.Â

Education
WAEC announces release of 2026 WASSCE digital certificates
The examination body asked candidates to log on to waec.org to access their certificates.Â

Heading 5
Prince Harry, Elton John, five others ordered to make initial payment of £9.5 million to Daily Mail publisher
The judge said the plaintiffs had not built an airtight case.Â






