Man United reach agreement to sign Brentford’s Bryan Mbeumo

Manchester United and Brentford have reached a full agreement for the transfer of winger Bryan Mbeumo, after two earlier bids worth £55 million and £62.5 million were rejected by the Bees several weeks ago.
The third and improved offer, worth £65 million plus £5 million in add-ons, was submitted by United on Thursday.
Both clubs have now finalised the deal, with United determined to secure the forward ahead of their pre-season tour in the United States.
The payment structure has also been agreed, with the fee to be paid in four instalments.
Mbeumo had already agreed personal terms with the Red Devils in June, despite interest from other clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, and Newcastle.
The forward is seen as a strong fit for Ruben Amorim’s system and is expected to provide the attacking threat the club needs, thanks to his impressive goal-scoring ability, having netted 20 goals and delivered seven assists last season.
Mbeumo’s addition to Ruben Amorim’s side would bring more versatility, pace, and sharp decision-making in the final third, qualities that align perfectly with United’s high-intensity, fluid attacking style.
The move for the Cameroonian winger would become Manchester United’s fourth signing of the summer, following the completed deals for Matheus Cunha, Diego Leon, and young striker Enzo Kana-Biyik.
According to reports, United have also been strongly linked with a move for Chelsea striker Nicolas Jackson and Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.
The remaining focus shifts to outgoing players Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford, Alejandro Garnacho, Antony, and Tyrell Malacia, who have made it clear to the club that their time at Old Trafford is over.
United hope to recover some of the money spent through the sales of these players following the signings of Cunha and Mbeumo.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
Election-related Violence: Adeleke orders headcount of Accord Party supporters killed, wounded
The headcount includes the wounded, the bereaved, persons whose properties were damaged or destroyed, and other identifiable victims of election-related violence.

Showbiz
American actress Hayden Panettiere dies at 36
American actress Hayden Panettiere, best known for her roles in the television series Heroes and Nashville, has passed away.

Politics
Nigerians must learn from Osun election, resist intimidation in 2027: CNPP
“Therefore, ahead of the 2027 general elections, Nigerians must emulate the courage demonstrated by Osun voters,” said CNPP.

Education
Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu vow to combat miracle centres
Stakeholders in Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu say the reforms embarked on are helping curb the activities of “miracle centres” used for exam malpractice in senior secondary schools.

Politics
Gov Adeleke’s re-election triumph for democracy, defeat for one-party myth: Ex-APC Spokesman
A former APC spokesman for Lagos, Seye Oladejo, described Governor Ademola Adeleke’s re-election in Osun as a democratic triumph.

Politics
55% of Kano’s 1,557 projects completed: Commissioner
The Kano government says it has completed 867 of the 1,557 projects executed by Governor Abba Yusuf’s administration since its inception.






