Nigerian visa applicants who submit false information, fake documents will be banned for life: U.S.

The Donald Trump administration has announced that Nigerians who submit fake documents and other requirements in their visa applications will be permanently banned from entering the country.
In a statement on Monday, the U.S. Mission in Nigeria said that Mr Trump’s government was doubling down on illegal immigration, warning that “those who commit visa fraud will be banned for life.”
Additionally, the administration will henceforth prosecute individuals and entities harbouring illegal Nigerians and other nationalities in a new measure to deter visa overstays.
The Mission stated, “We will pursue criminal charges against those who engage in visa fraud and those who bring in and harbour illegal aliens.’’
Earlier this month, the U.S. State Department introduced a mandatory $250 integrity fee for foreigners granted non-immigrant visas. The fee, part of Mr Trump’s newly passed Big Beautiful Bill, is payable only upon visa approval and refundable if visitors comply fully with the terms of their stay although the government has yet to state the modalities for a refund.
Additionally, the State Department recently revised its travel rules to limit visa issuance to only three-month single entry to the U.S., halting the multiple-entry five-year visas previously issued to Nigerian non-immigrants
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
14 kidnap victims rescued in Katsina
Troops rescued six males and eight females abducted in Katsina State.

States
Police arrest suspected transformer vandal in Enugu
Police said the suspect was found unconscious with various degrees of injuries.

World
U.S. govt indicts 17 Iranians over cyber theft
Prosecutors said the suspects allegedly stole more than 31 terabytes of data from institutions across the U.S.

States
Gov Alia nominates six new commissioners, seeks Benue assembly’s approval
The governor said the nominations were intended to strengthen the state executive council by filling existing vacancies and replacing outgoing members.

Heading 1
Nigeria should remain designated ‘country of particular concern’, Tinubu allowing slaughtering of Christians: U.S. Lawmaker
“Do not remove the CPC designation for Nigeria. They have not done near enough to protect Christians! They continue to get slaughtered,” Mr Moore said.

NationWide
Tinubu pledges peaceful campaign ahead of 2027 elections
“Let us remember that elections are not a do-or-die affair. We are partners in the project of nation-building,” he said.






