Police warn bandits, other criminals to keep off Kwara
The Police Command in Kwara has warned bandits and other criminals to keep off as the state was not their base.
The command’s spokesman, Okasanmi Ajayi, served the warning in a statement made available to journalists on Sunday in Ilorin.
It dismissed as fake an intelligence report that some forest reserves in parts of Kwara have been taken over by bandits.
The reports claimed that bandits were ready to use the forests to launch attacks on Kwara and neighbouring states.
“The command wishes to state categorically that Kwara is safe and secured and no part of Kwara is occupied by bandits or terrorists.
“The writers and sharers of that fake intelligence report are mischievous, desirous of sowing a seed of distrust and fear in the minds of the good people of Kwara in particular and Nigeria in general.
“This is an attempt to create panic in the minds of peace loving Kwarans, but they have failed,” it said.
The statement said that the state Commissioner of Police, Tuesday Assayomo, had renewed police and other security agencies’ commitment to the protection and the defence of lives and property of residents.
“Aggressive and extensive patrols have been emplaced in the state, while vigilante groups and hunters have been co-opted in patrolling the forests and bushes.
“Consequently, the good people of the state are advised to give information to the police whenever anything negative or sinister developments is being suspected around their vicinity,” it urged.
The statement also enjoined residents to go about their lawful businesses without fear of attack or intimidation.
It assured that the command would not relent in regular patrols, intelligence gathering and raiding of black spots in conjunction with sister security agencies in the state.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Before his appointment, Mr Musa had been the Director of the Counter Terrorism Directorate in the ONSA since 2017.
A top ASUU operative said the three-hour meeting ended without any commitment to resolving the issue by either parties.
Mr Mohammed added that efforts being made by the FCTA to curb insecurity in Abuja were numerous.
“It is consistent with President Buhari’s deliberate National agenda of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years.”
The figure represented a decrease of 0.16 per cent compared with the N430 it exchanged for the dollar on Monday.