Ten people on trial for cyberbullying French president’s wife Brigitte

Ten people are currently on trial in a French court over the sexist online harassment of France’s first lady, Brigitte Macron, after allegedly making malicious claims about her gender assignment.
The defendants, who include eight men and two women between the ages of 41 and 60, had claimed that Mrs. Macron was born male but was later reassigned female.
The unsupported claims by the defendants had long targeted the presidential couple and been critical of their 24-year age gap.
According to a court in Paris, the defendants were accused of spreading “numerous malicious comments” online about the first lady’s gender and “sexuality,” and of referring to the age gap with her husband, France’s President Emmanuel Macron, as “pedophilia.”
The defendants risk a two-year prison sentence if found guilty of defamation against the 72-year-old former teacher.
One of the defendants, 41-year-old publicist Aurelien Poirson-Atlan, known as Zoe Sagan on social media, has previously been linked with social conspiracy theory circles.
Another defendant, Delphine J., a self-proclaimed medium also known as Amandine Roy, had also been the subject of a libel complaint filed by the first lady back in 2022.
Ms J., who posted a four-hour interview in 2021 with a journalist, Natasha Rey, on her YouTube channel, alleged that Mrs Macron, whose maiden name is Trogneaux, had once been a man named Jean Michel Trogneaux, the name of her brother, who died in 2018.
Both Ms J. and Ms Rey were ordered to pay Mrs Macron and her brother for damages after she filed a lawsuit against them for cyber harassment in August 2024. The order was later overturned by the court after the defendants appealed.
Mrs Macron has since taken the matter to the country’s highest appeals court, the Court of Cassation.
In July 2025, the First Lady and her husband, Mr. Macron, also filed a lawsuit in the U.S. against conservative politician Candace Owens after her production of a series titled “Becoming Brigitte”, where Ms Owens claimed Mrs Macron was born male.
Mrs Macron’s case of sexist online harassment is one of many others involving high-profile women in the political space, such as former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, former U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris, and New Zealand’s ex-premier Jacinda Ardern, who have all been accused of gender reassignment.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

World
U.S. military fires publisher, top editor of Stars and Stripes reporting U.S. navy sailors’ travails
The newspaper’s publisher since 2007, Max Lederer, who had earlier this week announced his retirement in September, was also fired.

Heading 2
Atiku’s latest position on subsidy driven by political desperation, says ex-APC spokesman
Mr Oladejo noted that subsidy removal should not be reduced to a mere campaign slogan.

Heading 4
Turkey issues request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to arrest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
The minister of justice said the Israeli leaders were being tried in absentia.

NationWide
EPL: GOtv, DStv subscribers decry activation delay
One of the subscribers, Abuja Streets (@abujastreets) wrote on X on Friday that the EPL resumed but subscribers were stranded.

World
Carney vows retaliation as Trump govt slams fresh 50% tariffs on Canadian goods
Mr Trump set a deadline for negotiations, but negotiators said they had yet to reach an agreement.

States
Terrorists storm Niger mosque during prayers, abduct worshippers
The police said security operatives had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.






