Three presidential guards shot by bandits in attack on Abuja law school confirmed dead

Three elite officers of the Presidential Guards Brigade have been confirmed dead after sustaining life-threatening injuries from an ambush by Boko Haram terrorists Sunday evening.
The slain officers whose names were withheld include a captain and two soldiers, military sources informed Daily Trust. They served at the 7 Guards Brigade of the Nigerian Army.
They had been dispatched to the Nigerian Law school in Bwari to make preliminary findings after the terrorist sect threatened to attack the institution in a letter.
The terrorists had ambushed the presidential guards on their way back from Law School, opening live rounds on the elite officers.
“Following the threat letter from the terrorists, the leadership of the Nigerian Law School drew the attention of the military authorities at the 7 Guards Brigade,” Daily Trust quoted their source to have said.
“The late army captain (names withheld) and the soldiers were dispatched to the school for preliminary investigation.
“They had a discussion with authorities at the school and agreed on what to do to safeguard students, teachers and school facilities. Sadly on their way back, the terrorists ambushed them and that was how the captain and two soldiers were killed,” the source said.
The news medium learnt the death of the officers was hushed so as not to embarrass the Muhammadu Buhari regime whose repeated promises to end insecurity have been unfulfilled in his seven years of governance so far.
“They said even the staff in the school should not be allowed to know what is happening because it will embarrass the government,” Daily Trust learnt.
Meanwhile, the Federal Ministry of Education on Monday directed the closure of all Federal Government Colleges (FGCs) in Abuja amid security threats on the FCT unity colleges.
Security tensions have heightened in the FCT since Boko Haram insurgents breached the prisons in Kuje, An Abuja suburb, releasing over 600 hardened criminals, including 64 terrorists.
Khalid Al-Barnawi, who masterminded the bombing of UN Headquarters in Abuja in 2011, and regarded as a valuable asset of the criminal sect was among those freed.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
2027: Politics must not undermine Nigeria’s national unity, APC chairman Yilwatda says
“I urge Nigerians to see our diversity not as a weakness, but as a source of strength. As we approach another electoral season, we must reject division and violence,” he said.

World
Ukraine embassy marks 35th independence anniversary, reaffirms struggle for freedom
Mr Kholostenko described it as a day that embodied the Ukrainian people’s enduring struggle for freedom, statehood and the right to determine their own future.

States
Police arrest two suspected kidnappers in Ondo
Police arrested two suspected kidnappers in connection with the abduction of a man, Abubakar Abdullahim, in Ondo State.

States
Security forces kill six suspected secessionists in Anambra
The Commissioner of Police in Anambra, Nnanna Ama, said a joint security team comprising the army, navy, police, SSS, and local vigilantes conducted the operation.

Heading 5
People exploiting actor Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ Hassan’s illness to make money, daughter alleges
Ms Taiwo said some Nigerians are exploiting her father’s ailment to make money.

States
2027: Loyalty to Tinubu, APC non-negotiable, says Ondo reconciliation committee
Dele Olanubi, the committee secretary, said members who left the APC to contest elective offices on other parties’ platforms had forfeited their membership.






