Tinubu returns 12 days after secret trip to London

Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has returned to the nation’s capital, Abuja, many days after his whereabouts became a matter of national concern.
Associates had hinted, without assurance, that Mr Tinubu who left Nigeria 12 days ago had gone to rest in London, United Kingdom.
Short videos showing Mr Tinubu being received by his supporters at the private jet terminal of the Abuja airport have been shared by his associates on social media.
The spokesperson of his campaign Festus Keyamo also shared a clip from his arrival captioning his absence an highlight of his political mastery.
“He teased them; he played mind games with them; their thoughts went wild; but @officialABAT is the master of the game. Just when they thought they had something on which to feast, he’s rather the one now feasting on their naivety. Welcome back, the City Boy!” Mr Keyamo fawned on his Twitter page.
Mr Tinubu’s disappearance a few days to the commencement of national campaigns refueled rumours of a worsening health state which his associates repeatedly rebuffed. Attempts to dismiss these controversies however produced more questions than answers.
On Tuesday, Mr Tinubu shared a video of himself on a fitness bike as proof of health. The video was heavily criticised as not enough to attest to Mr Tinubu’s health. It was later exposed to have been on the internet since December 2021.
In another picture shared on his Twitter page which he captioned “staying focused,” the newspaper he was reading was exposed to have been published much earlier in January.
Mr Tinubu’s critics have said his continued attempt to prove his wellness might be an indication that all is indeed not well with the former Lagos governor.
Having missed critical political events during his absence, he is now slated to officially commence his presidential campaign on October 10.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Resident doctors commend Uba Sani on welfare
NARD said Mr Sani has shown commitment to improving resident doctors’ conditions through better remuneration, infrastructure, manpower development, and working conditions.

Economy
FG, Meta plan AI academy to train Nigerian talents
The initiative is expected to provide Nigerian developers, entrepreneurs and young professionals with practical AI training and funding opportunities.

States
Continue to deliver good governance, Obasanjo tells Gov Adeleke
The former president urged Mr Adeleke to remain committed to good governance and delivering the dividends of democracy.

States
PHOTOS: Hundreds of civil servants storm Osun state secretariat to celebrate Adeleke’s re-election
Hundreds of civil servants occupied the main entrance to the Osun State government secretariat on Monday to welcome Governor Ademola Adeleke, after his re-election.

Politics
Edo assembly speaker Blessing Agbebaku resigns
Blessing Agbebaku, the speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, has resigned.

Politics
Former presidential candidate says Osun election turning point for Nigeria’s democracy
Ex-presidential candidate Martin Onovo of the National Conscience Party has described the outcome of the Osun governorship election as a turning point for Nigeria’s democracy.






