Tourist Visa: FG says Nigerians under 40 years not allowed in UAE

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced that Nigerians under the age of 40 will no longer be issued tourist visas to the United Arab Emirates.
On Thursday, the ministry issued a statement signed by its spokesperson, Francisca Omayuli.
“The general public is invited to note and be guided that the Government of the UAE has introduced a new visa regime and has stopped issuing tourist visas to persons under the age of 40 years, except for those applying for family visas,” the statement said.
The statement was issued in response to a video that made the rounds on social media, showing Nigerians, who arrived at the airport in Dubai, UAE on August 29, but were denied entry into the country, despite having valid visas.
Twitter user @Dinchi posted the video, showing the Nigerians being held in a room hours after they arrived at the airport, saying they had been held without any explanation on why or what they needed to do to be freed.
She claimed that over 20 of them were detained and their passports seized.
The ministry’s statement clarified that most of the affected Nigerians “were issued with family visas, only to arrive in Dubai alone without any family member.”
“Consequently, they were denied entry and advised to return to their country and apply for the appropriate visas,” added the ministry.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Police arrest two suspected kidnappers in Ondo
Police arrested two suspected kidnappers in connection with the abduction of a man, Abubakar Abdullahim, in Ondo State.

States
Security forces kill six suspected secessionists in Anambra
The Commissioner of Police in Anambra, Nnanna Ama, said a joint security team comprising the army, navy, police, SSS, and local vigilantes conducted the operation.

Heading 5
People exploiting actor Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ Hassan’s illness to make money, daughter alleges
Ms Taiwo said some Nigerians are exploiting her father’s ailment to make money.

States
2027: Loyalty to Tinubu, APC non-negotiable, says Ondo reconciliation committee
Dele Olanubi, the committee secretary, said members who left the APC to contest elective offices on other parties’ platforms had forfeited their membership.

States
Kwara monarch, two others kidnapped in fresh bandit attacks
A traditional ruler and two others have been kidnapped by suspected bandits in fresh attacks on Kwara communities.

States
Troops rescue six kidnap victims, recover cash in Katsina
Troops of Fansan Yamma rescued six kidnapped victims and recovered ₦800,000 earlier taken from the victims by the terrorists.






