Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Tuface’s family petitions SSS over singer’s disappearance

The family said Tuface left his house in the early hours of the day in his loungewear and was believed to be going on his routine walk, but he has not returned home.

• February 14, 2025
2face
2face

The family of Nigerian artiste Innocent Idibia, popularly known as Tuface, on Friday petitioned the State Security Service (SSS), declaring him missing.

In the petition, submitted by their legal representatives, Anuge, Anuge & Co, to the SSS’ director general, the Idibia family said the artiste was last seen in the early hours of Monday.

“We are writing to urgently seek your assistance regarding a profoundly troubling situation involving a member of the Idibia Family, Mr Innocent Idibia (also known as Tuface or 2Baba), who our client reasonably believes may be missing since Monday, 10 February 2025.

“We believe that Mr Innocent left his residence in the early hours of 10 February 2025 in his loungewear, suggestive that he was going on his habitual walk, but never returned home since then,” the petition read.

According to the petition, all efforts by family, his record label, and friends to reach or locate him have been proven futile.

The family said that by the reason of Tuface’s celebrity status, he is supposed to be escorted by guards, but he wasn’t on the day he was last seen.

“By reason of his celebrity status. It’s established protocol for Mr Innocent to be accompanied by protective guards wherever he goes. However, on the day he was last seen, he left his residence unaccompanied by his protective guards, his personal assistant, or any of his staff.

“This disturbing discovery and the fact that those who ought to hear from him have not heard from him for over 72 hours left his entire family deeply concerned,” the family said.

The singer’s family urged the SSS to intervene, investigate the matter, and ensure the artiste’s safety. They raised concerns that it was unusual for him to go missing and abandon his work for prolonged hours.

They said many of the singer’s friends received “alarming” messages from “what appears to be his social media accounts” seeking financial aid, thereby raising concerns that the “African Queen” crooner may have been abducted.

“These messages are alarming, as Mr Innocent is financially independent and has never required assistance in such a manner. This has led his family to suspect that his identity may have been compromised and that someone may have abducted him and is actively manipulating him to exploit his contacts for monetary gain,” they said.

The petition comes hours after Rose Idibia, the mother of the star artiste, cried out to Natasha Osawaru to “free her son,” shortly after Tuface publicly proposed to the 31-year-old Edo lawmaker.

“He’s clearly not in his right senses now. I know my son. This is not him,” the mother said.

The 49-year-old singer has continued to make headlines after he announced separation from his wife and actress Annie Macaulay.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Nacabs Polytechnic

Education

Nacabs poly boss vows to expel students caught in exam malpractice

The proprietor of Nacabs Polytechnic, Akwanga, Nasarawa, David Abuluya, has vowed to expel any students caught in examination malpractice.

Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia

World

Trump govt moves to reinstate human trafficking case against Abrego Garcia

Mr Trump’s administration wants the court to reinstate the human trafficking indictment against Abrego Garcia, a Salvadoran immigrant at the centre of a wrongful deportation case.

Idi Mukhtar Maiha

Agriculture

FG restates commitment to food security, job creation

The federal government has reaffirmed its commitment to tackling food shortages and high unemployment through agriculture and livestock development.

Mother and child at the vaccination center

Health

Zero-dose Emergency: Nigerian mothers get N1,000 per shot incentive to immunise children with six-hour trek to clinic

An economic downturn and the high cost of care for families and newborns could force mothers to skip immunisation shots, especially on days when finances are tight.

Idris Bugaje and others at the four-day national critique and validation workshop

Education

NBTE, SMEDAN move to strengthen entrepreneurship training in polytechnics

NBTE, in collaboration with SMEDAN, has begun validating the National Diploma (ND) Entrepreneurship curriculum.

NDLEA's 'Operation Restore Order’ in Kano

Kano

Kano: NDLEA says 80 residents nabbed during raids of illicit drug joints

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has launched ‘Operation Restore Order’ in Kano and arrested 80 suspects.