U.S. blockade to “remain in full force” despite Strait of Hormuz reopening, says Trump

President Donald Trump has insisted the blockade on the Strait of Hormuz will “remain in full force and effect” in spite of an announcement by Iran’s foreign minister declaring it “completely open.”
Until modalities for the reopening are completed, Mr Trump on Friday said the U.S. naval blockade will continue in the Gulf region.
“The Strait of Hormuz is completely open and ready for business and full passage, but the naval blockade will remain in full force and effect as it pertains to Iran, only, until such time as our transaction with Iran is 100% complete,” Mr Trump wrote on Truth Social.
The U.S. leader assured that the transaction “should go very quickly in that most of the points are already negotiated.”
At least 19 vessels attempting to cross the strait have been turned back since Washington activated the blockade earlier this week, with no ship successfully passing through the U.S. Navy cordon.
Despite the announcement of the strait’s reopening, energy companies are still wary of dispatching oil tankers through the strait.
Oil prices, which had soared as high as $111 per barrel, fell to $89 on Friday after Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araghchi declared the strait open.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Heading 5
Police apprehend two suspected members of Ogun ‘one chance’ syndicate
Mr Babaseyi stated, “Efforts are currently being intensified by operatives to track down and apprehend other fleeing members of the syndicate.”

Lagos
APC chieftain seeks centralisation of party campaign structure
Mr Sewedo said that there were too many independent campaign groups under the APC.

Africa
Outages: Libya replaces state-owned electricity firm board of directors
The development comes as Libya faces repeated partial and total power grid collapses.

Lagos
NDLEA intercepts 184.5kg cocaine from Lagos courier firm, nabs two suspects
Mr Marwa said the seizure further exposed Nigeria’s use as a transit hub for illicit drugs destined for foreign countries.

States
54-year-old Ibadan man arraigned for allegedly stealing five goats worth N300,000
The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charges.

States
Lar leadership institute inaugurates planning committee
A committee has been inaugurated to oversee preparations for the formal launch of the Solomon and Mary Lar Institute for Leadership scheduled for October 27 in Abuja.






