Thursday, September 29, 2022

UGM strike Zaria again, abduct 12 from their homes

The spokesman for the police command in Kaduna confirmed the incident but said he was still trying to gather details to update the press.

• June 13, 2021
El-rufai and bandits
El-rufai and bandits composite used to illustrate the story

Unknown gunmen have attacked Kofar Gayan and Kofar Kona areas of Zaria in Kaduna State, abducting no fewer than 12 persons from their homes.

The abduction comes barely two days after bandits invaded Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, and took away students and lecturers of the institution.

ASP Mohammed Jalige, the spokesman for the police command in Kaduna confirmed the incident but said he was still trying to gather details to update the press.

An official of Kaduna State Vigilance Service (KadVS), speaking on condition of anonymity Sunday in Zaria, said the incident occurred  between  12.01 and 1.00 a.m. on Saturday night.

The official, who did not give details on the exact number of people abducted by the kidnappers, said the incident occurred around Government Girls Secondary School, Kofar Gayan.

A resident of the area who said he witnessed the incident, Abdullahi Mohammed, said that no fewer than 12 people were abducted during the operation.

He added that about eight people were kidnapped from a single house, while others were picked separately.

Similarly, the daughter  of one of the victims, Hafsat Kusfa, said the bandits broke into their home around 12.01 a.m. and assembled the victims in front of the house.

She added that the bandits, who were about seven in number carrying guns and marchets, took away eight members of her family, including her father, mother, sisters and brothers.

Kusfa said her father and mother, as well as some of the kidnapped victims, were later released  through the efforts of security men who intercepted the hoodlums.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

Economy

Telcos threaten to cut off USSD services over banks’ N80 billion debt

The debt has now risen to N80 billion from N42 billion earlier this year, said ALTON president Gbenga Adebayo.

President Muhammadu Buhari

NationWide

Buhari cautions candidates, media handlers against personal attacks during campaigns

He said that as the president, he has always reiterated his commitment to a peaceful, credible and transparent election.

Politics

My 4 wives, 28 children will for vote for Tinubu, APC: Ado Doguwa

“I have done my flag off with my 28 children and four wives, who will vote for Tinubu and every other candidate of the APC.”

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

Heading 5

Osinbajo urges elites to bridge gaps between haves and have-nots

Mr Osinbajo said that the federal government’s Social Investment Programmes and other welfare programmes were meant to address societal gaps.

Agriculture

Airport Project: Ekiti farmers block highway over govt’s failure to compensate for destroyed farmlands 

The farmers wielded sticks and iron bars and set up bonfires on the road to make it impassable.

Ademola Adeleke and Dotun Babayemi

Hot news Home top

Supreme Court affirms Adeleke as PDP guber candidate in Osun 

Mr Adeleke’s victory is still being challenged by the APC candidate and Osun State governor Gboyega Oyetola at the Governorship Election Tribunal.