WHO accuses Israel of blocking medical specialists from entering Gaza

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has accused Israel of barring medical specialists from entering Gaza to support clinics in the besieged enclave.
The WHO said since August, eight organisations and over 50 specialised personnel had been affected by Israel’s blockade.
The specialists were intended to provide crucial support for various medical services and psychological support for healthcare workers at facilities including the European Gaza Hospital and the Nasser Hospital, the WHO said.
It was reported that among the organisations denied entry was the U.S. non-profit Palestinian American Medical Association, which supports Palestinians in need of medical care.
According to the WHO, this marks the first instance in which Israel has denied entire organisations the ability to participate in relief efforts for the Gaza Strip.
The WHO reported that support teams conducted 25 per cent fewer operations in the past week than usual.
With only 17 out of 36 clinics and 43 medical practices remaining partially operational, the WHO emphasised the irreplaceable role of these external teams in providing essential medical services.
The WHO called for full access for emergency aid teams.
(dpa/NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

NationWide
We’re confident of Sowore’s victory in 2027 presidential election, says AAC chieftain
Mr Ajayi said he was confident that citizens would reward Mr Sowore with their votes “for fighting for their interests”.

Abuja
Abuja butchers groan over high meat transportation costs
The secretary of the Butchers Association, Dei-Dei market, Yaqub Abdullahi, said the recent reduction in petrol prices had yet to translate into lower transport fares.

Lagos
LAWMA battles persistent illegal waste dumping as Lagos residents turn to cart pushers
The Lagos Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, said LAWMA clears 3,000 black spots across 57 routes every day.

States
Stop blame game, rebuild for 2027, party chieftain tells Osun APC
Mr Oyintiloye urged the party to undertake a comprehensive and honest assessment of its performance and use the outcome to turn defeat into victory in 2027.

States
Mother, three children die in Yobe fire incident
The statement said that surviving household members were left homeless and in profound distress.

Heading 1
Troops killed 40 terrorists, foiled attacks, recovered weapons nationwide in one day: Army
The report said the successes were recorded between August 21 and August 22.






