Ariana Grande warns Trump administration to stop using her songs in immigration videos

Grammy award-winning artiste Ariana Grande has asked the Trump administration to desist from using her music to promote his anti-immigration policies.
The White House posted a 14-second clip on TikTok that showed illegal immigrants in handcuffs being hauled into vehicles.
The video was captioned “Bye bye. President Trump has delivered the most secure border in history.”
Ariana’s hit song “Bye” was playing in the background, but she commented on the post and asked that her song be removed.
“Please do not use my music in relation to this barbaric, inhumane, heinous nonsense,” the BBC cited Ariana’s comment as saying.
Her comment appears to have been deleted, but the song was removed, and the video no longer has audio.
In a statement to CNN, the White House said, “We’ll say this one last time: what’s actually barbaric, inhumane, and heinous are the criminal illegal aliens who have injured and murdered innocent American citizens.”
This isn’t the first time an artiste has asked the Trump administration to remove their song from a post.
Olivia Rodrigo reportedly asked the Department of Homeland Security and White House to remove her song from an Instagram post telling illegal immigrants to “self-deport.”
“Don’t ever use my songs to promote your racist, hateful propaganda,” the artiste reportedly wrote on June 5.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Hot news Home top
‘This is probably my last year of football,’ says Ronaldo
“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” said Ronaldo.

Politics
Former military dictator IBB ‘father of Abia state’, says Otti
Governor Alex Otti congratulated former military dictator Ibrahim Babangida on his 85th birthday, describing him as the ‘Father of Abia state’.

Economy
Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of its deal between the United States and Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.

World
Thousands keep vigil to mourn Jason Arday
Thousands of people gathered on Monday at a vigil in Trafalgar Square for Jason Arday, a 41-year-old Cambridge University professor who died amid allegations of plagiarism.

Africa
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
WHO says Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest the country has ever faced.

Economy
Abia tax reform targets efficiency, says commissioner
The Abia government says its tax reforms are designed to improve transparency, accountability and efficiency in revenue collection.






