Buhari returns from London trip after 16 days

President Muhammadu Buhari has returned from a trip to London which his spokespersons claimed was for medical checkup.
Mr Buhari departed for Abuja on March 30. His office confirmed his return to the nation’s capital on April 15 at about 5:00 p.m. local time.
Although the presidency said Mr Buhari would only be away for two weeks, he overstayed by two days.
The trip had been widely criticised for coinciding with a nationwide strike of health workers. Nigerians in London picketed the president’s residence there, accusing him of being insensitive by leaving behind a host of unresolved crises that beset the country.
The president’s aides pushed back against the criticism, saying it was misplaced as the government was still running and the president had used the same doctors in the UK for over thirty years.
The doctors were not named and the president did not hand over power to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
Adeleke thanks supporters, pays tributes to Osun election violence victims
Governor Ademola Adeleke has thanked the Accord Party and supporters for his re-election in Saturday’s governorship poll in Osun.

Economy
Fuel Subsidy: Atiku’s proposal is for subsidising local oil production, aide says
“(The former vice-president) said he will subsidise Nigerian fuel production, not imported fuel—capped, audited and transparent,” his aide clarified.

Politics
‘I won, beat you guys,’ Davido teases Wike over Osun poll victory
In the short clip, the singer said, “I won, beat you guys,” as Mr Wike responded, disputing the claim, saying, “No, no.”

NationWide
The face of Nigeria’s first naira trillionaire, his net worth, businesses
His multinational conglomerate was estimated at $35.2 billion (₦47.45 trillion based on ₦1,348 to $1). This makes him the 66th richest person globally.

NationWide
How El-Rufai started rumour about me being Mossad agent: Donald Duke
“It was Nasir El-Rufai who started the rumours about me being Mossad, and I confronted him about it,” Mr Duke said.

Economy
Atiku advertising economic ignorance by pushing to restore fuel subsidy in Nigeria: Tinubu
“One of my opponents now says he will go back to subsidy. I read it. That is a demonstration of serious ignorance of governance and economy,” Mr Tinubu stated.






