CVR: INEC releases funds to enhance service delivery
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it has released funds to enhance service delivery in the ongoing Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) exercise, which will end July 31.
Sani Adam, INEC national commissioner supervising Niger, Kogi and Kwara States, dropped a hint after a supervision visit on Wednesday in Minna.
“What I had observed during supervision was that we need more funds and funds were released yesterday to enhance service delivery,” he said.
Mr Adam did not give details of the funds but assured that the commission would utilise them to achieve positive results.
He said the exercise, which encountered many challenges initially, was becoming a huge success owing to the commitment of the commission and the citizens.
The INEC national commissioner expressed optimism that by July 31, all eligible citizens and residents of the state would have registered.
He noted that there was no way the commission would get the CVR 100 per cent but can only deal with the people who come out to register.
Mr Adam said INEC was giving special consideration to pregnant women, nursing mothers, the elderly and the physically challenged people in the exercise.
The INEC official said the commission was fully prepared for the 2023 general elections.
“All our logistics arrangements have been taken care of by the federal government, and we are ready for the riverine areas, hilly areas, forest areas and valley areas.
“INEC will reach all citizens in all the nooks and crannies of this country,” he said.
Mr Adam urged stakeholders, such as religious and traditional leaders, elders and parents, to sensitise the society, especially the youth, against selling their votes to ensure credible polls.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
Before his appointment, Mr Musa had been the Director of the Counter Terrorism Directorate in the ONSA since 2017.
A top ASUU operative said the three-hour meeting ended without any commitment to resolving the issue by either parties.
Mr Mohammed added that efforts being made by the FCTA to curb insecurity in Abuja were numerous.
“It is consistent with President Buhari’s deliberate National agenda of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years.”
The figure represented a decrease of 0.16 per cent compared with the N430 it exchanged for the dollar on Monday.