Dolly Parton postpones shows over ‘health challenges’

American singer Dolly Parton has postponed her forthcoming Las Vegas shows to late next year, citing health issues.
The singer, in a post on her social media pages on Sunday, said the postponement of the six-day show slated for December this year at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas was due to health challenges.
”As many of you know, I have been dealing with some health challenges, and my doctors tell me that I must have a few procedures,” said Parton.
”I want the fans and public to hear directly from me that, unfortunately, I will need to postpone my upcoming Las Vegas concert.”
Parton, who did not reveal the actual condition of her health, noted that her visits to the doctor would not allow her enough time for rehearsals and to put together the best show her fans deserve.
”As I joked with them (doctors), it must be time for my 100,000-mile check-up, and it’s not the usual trip to see my plastic surgeon!
”In all seriousness, given this, I will not be able to rehearse and put together the best show I want you to see and the best show you deserve to see,” she said.
The 79-year-old added, “I just need a little time to get show ready, as they say,” announcing the rescheduled dates for her concerts from December 2025 to September 2026.
She also revealed that all purchased tickets will remain valid for the new dates and refunds will be available.Earlier this month, Parton could not attend the unveiling of a new ride at her Dollywood theme park in her hometown of Tennessee after being diagnosed with a kidney stone.
“I had a kidney stone that was causing me a lot of problems, and it turned out it gave me an infection, and the doctor said, ‘You don’t need to be travelling right this minute,'” the singer said in a recorded video message to fans who attended the event.
The Tennessee-born singer is known for hit songs, including “Coat of Many Colors,” “I Will Always Love You,” “9 to 5,” and “Jolene.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Lagos
Five die in Badagry road crash
Mr Oke-Osanyintolu said, ““The remains of the victims were carefully recovered, bagged with dignity, and handed over to officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps.”

Heading 1
Tinubu appoints Ngozi Olejeme, Betta Edu fingered in over N1billion fraud as 2027 campaign council members
The EFCC told the People Gazette that investigations were still ongoing on Mr Edu’s case.

World
U.S. military fires publisher, top editor of Stars and Stripes reporting U.S. navy sailors’ travails
The newspaper’s publisher since 2007, Max Lederer, who had earlier this week announced his retirement in September, was also fired.

Heading 2
Atiku’s latest position on subsidy driven by political desperation, says ex-APC spokesman
Mr Oladejo noted that subsidy removal should not be reduced to a mere campaign slogan.

Heading 4
Turkey issues request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to arrest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
The minister of justice said the Israeli leaders were being tried in absentia.

NationWide
EPL: GOtv, DStv subscribers decry activation delay
One of the subscribers, Abuja Streets (@abujastreets) wrote on X on Friday that the EPL resumed but subscribers were stranded.






