Eight notorious terrorists surrender to troops, hand over 16 kidnap victims

Eight notorious bandits terrorising Dan Musa Local Government Area of Katsina State on Saturday surrendered their weapons and released 16 of their abducted victims to the Nigerian Army.
In a statement on X, on Sunday, the army said the surrender by the bandits was part of ongoing arms surrender, and disengagement initiative led by the leadership of Operation Fasan Yamma in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
The army said the notorious terrorists, “Kamulu Buzaru, Manore, Nagwaggo, Lalbi, Alhaji Sani, Dogo Baidu, Dogo Nahalle, and Abdulkadir Black—voluntarily surrendered their arms and handed over kidnap victims on June 14, 2025.”
The army noted, “The surrendered weapons have been secured,” adding that the surrendered terrorists vowed to renounce banditry and embrace peace.
It added, “As part of the gesture, the group released 16 kidnap persons, comprising seven women and nine children, and pledged to release the remaining captives in their custody by 15 June 2025.’’
The army said the released victims had been handed over to the appropriate LG authorities, noting that the security situation in the area remained stable, with troops maintaining a strong presence and continuous monitoring to ensure sustained peace and stability.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Oyetola remains Osun APC political leader despite governorship loss, says forum
Mr Ajilore also urged members to recognise and respect those who consistently demonstrated commitment to the party.

States
Abia@35: Gov. Otti thanks residents for prayers, sacrifices
Mr Otti said the anniversary provided an opportunity for residents to acknowledge God’s role in the state’s journey and development.

NationWide
37 women trained in 12-week leadership, mentorship programme for national development
Mr Olukoyede urged the beneficiaries to lead with purpose, serve others and uphold integrity.

NationWide
Oyo govt hails Olabiyi-Agoro’s emergence as PENGASSAN president
Mr Olabiyi-Agoro succeeded Festus Osifo, who was president of the association for six years.

Health
Aminu Kano hospital introduces IVF service for childless couples
Mr Rais said the service would restore hope among couples suffering from infertility.

States
32-year-old kidnap victim rescued in Edo
The police spokesperson said efforts were ongoing to track down and apprehend the fleeing kidnappers.






