Ex-Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey granted bail in rape case, set to join Villarreal

Former Arsenal player and Ghanaian international Thomas Partey has been granted ‘conditional bail’ after facing court on charges of rape and sexual assault.
Partey faces five charges after three women accused him of making unwanted sexual advances, with incidents reported between 2021 and 2022.
Two counts of rape involve one woman, three counts involve a second woman, and a single count of sexual assault involves a third woman. The 32-year-old denied the allegations.
The 32-year-old appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court in London on Tuesday where he denied the allegations. While he was not required to enter a plea, he did confirm that he understood the charges and the conditions of his bail. His case is now set to move to the Crown Court, with the next hearing scheduled for September 2 at the Old Bailey.
Partey was initially detained in July 2022, although his name was not disclosed then. Despite the ongoing investigation, he kept playing for Arsenal, recording 52 appearances in all competitions last season.
His lawyer, Jenny Wiltshire of Hickman and Rose, stated, “Thomas Partey denies all the charges. He has cooperated fully with police and CPS during their three-year investigation and now looks forward to clearing his name.”
The Black Star signed with Arsenal in 2020 from Atlético Madrid. Partey was considered a promising midfield talent at the time. He made a total of 167 appearances across all competitions, scoring nine goals and providing around five assists
His contract ended on June 30, and he is now a free agent. Arsenal said: “The player’s contract ended on June 30. Due to ongoing legal proceedings, the club is unable to comment on the case.”
He is expected to join Villarreal, as the Spanish club has agreed to sign Partey as a free agent from Arsenal.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Politics
Davido opposes Adeleke’s support for Tinubu, says ‘evil’ APC killed people over Osun governorship election
“Y’all kept it bloody n lost! Pple died! F**k yall!!,” Davido lashed at APC and its supporters.

Politics
‘I hereby endorse Tinubu for second term in 2027 presidential election,’ Gov Adeleke declares
“My support is just based on the fact that he is a Yoruba man and he’s from the South-West…I will go all out for President Tinubu in 2027,” said Governor Ademola Adeleke.

States
Gov Idris drops Abubakar-Tafida, picks ex-finance commissioner as running mate
Governor Nasir Idris has replaced his deputy, Umar Abubakar-Tafida, with ex-finance commissioner Ibrahim Muhammad-Augie as his running mate for the 2027 governorship election.

Opinion
Osun election shows all is not fair in Nigerian politics
The Osun governorship election has now provided an important measure of where Nigeria stands.

States
14 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi, Plateau operations: Army
The troops had launched a search-and-rescue operation after the victims were kidnapped on Tuesday.

States
19-year-old girl under pressure to start having children allegedly steals newborn baby
According to the police, the suspect was under pressure to have a child, as some of her peers had already given birth.






