Gov. Aiyedatiwa nominates 12 additional commissioners

Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa of Ondo has nominated 12 additional new commissioners for appointment as members of the state executive council.
This was contained in a press release issued on Wednesday by the spokesman to the governor, Ebenezer Adeniyan.
Mr Aiyedatiwa, according to the press release, nominated Segun Ayerin, Olaolu Akindolire, Hamidu Takuro, Banji Ajaka, Boye Ologbese, Sunday Akinwalere.
Others are Lola Fagbemi, Saka Yusuf Ogunleye, Rasheed Badmus, Olayato Aribo, Adewale Akinlosotu and Gbenga Olaniyi.
It said the list of the nominees had been addressed to the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Olamide Oladiji, and was signed by the secretary to the state government, Tayo Oluwatuyi.
“The governor urged the House of Assembly to give expedited consideration to the confirmation of the nominees,” the statement read.
Peoples Gazette reports that seven out of the nominees were former cabinet members of the late Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.
Recall that in February, Mr Aiyedatiwa appointed six commissioners and three special advisers to the state cabinet.
They are Omowumi Isaac, Olukayode A. Ajulo, Razaq Obe, Emmanuel Igbasan, Akinwumi Sowore, and Oseni Oyeniyi.
Others are Olugbenga Omole, special adviser on information and strategy; Olamide Falana, special adviser on gender affairs; and Alabi Johnson, special adviser on energy.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

World
Australian Tennis star Nick Kyrgios suspended after testing positive for cocaine
Mr Kyrgios said, “I’d ask that people respect my privacy during that time, and most importantly the privacy of my family. I’m sorry. I’ll do the work and come back better.”

Hot news Home top
Beware of fertility treatment, surrogacy, ‘miracle baby’ scams in Nigeria, UK warns citizens
“If you’re considering fertility treatment in Nigeria, exercise caution,” it said.

Uncategorized
Osun: INEC presents certificate of return to Gov. Adeleke, deputy
The governor called on those who contested the election against him to join him in moving the state forward.

Heading 2
Over 500 Nigerians offered to cure Ogogo of cancer spiritually, says Jide Kosoko
Mr Kosoko urged fans to continue to pray for the actor’s healing.

Heading 4
Family expresses ‘heartfelt thanks’ as GoFundMe for Cambridge’s youngest Black professor’s funeral hits over £200,000
The family stated, “We have been touched by the messages of love, condolences and acts of kindness during what is a deeply painful time for our family.”

Diaspora
South African court adjourns ruling in ex-Miss Universe Nigeria Chidimma Adetshina deportation case until 2027
“We should not allow zenophobia and misinformation to determine how people are going to be treated. We should always be guided by the spirit of Ubuntu,” Miss Adetshina stated.






