Iran vows extension of war beyond Middle East if U.S. launches fresh attacks

Iran threatened on Wednesday to extend the war beyond the Middle East if the United States resumes attacks on the Islamic Republic after President Donald Trump warned of “a full, large-scale assault” if no acceptable deal is reached.
“If aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will extend beyond the region this time,” the Revolutionary Guards warned in a statement on its state media.
The Revolutionary Guards said it had yet to deploy its full force despite U.S. onslaughts against Tehran.
“The American-Zionist enemy must know that despite the offensive carried out against us using the full capabilities of the world’s two most expensive armies, we have not deployed the full power of the Islamic revolution,” it said.
Mr Trump said on Monday that he suspended a planned military attack on Iran following appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
He said in a post on the Truth Social platform that the strike, scheduled for Tuesday, was called off as “serious negotiations are now taking place.”
Mr Trump has repeatedly threatened attacks against Iran since the launch of Operation Epic Fury on February 28. Tehran has also vowed to retaliate by launching strikes on Washington’s infrastructure in the Middle East.
On Tuesday, he gave Iran a few days’ deadline to reach a deal or face further strikes.
“Well, I mean, I’m saying two or three days, maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Something maybe early next week—a limited period of time,” he told reporters.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi warned in a post on X Tuesday that “with lessons learned and knowledge we gained, return to war will feature many more surprises.”
Iran and the U.S. agreed to a ceasefire on April 8 to allow negotiations to end the war, but no agreement had been reached, though both countries exchanged proposals.
Among its proposals, Iran seeks an end to hostilities, lifting of the U.S. blockade on its ports, compensation for war-related damages, and full control of the Strait of Hormuz. Mr Trump described the demands as “totally unacceptable.”
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
14 kidnap victims rescued in Katsina
Troops rescued six males and eight females abducted in Katsina State.

States
Police arrest suspected transformer vandal in Enugu
Police said the suspect was found unconscious with various degrees of injuries.

World
U.S. govt indicts 17 Iranians over cyber theft
Prosecutors said the suspects allegedly stole more than 31 terabytes of data from institutions across the U.S.

States
Gov Alia nominates six new commissioners, seeks Benue assembly’s approval
The governor said the nominations were intended to strengthen the state executive council by filling existing vacancies and replacing outgoing members.

Heading 1
Nigeria should remain designated ‘country of particular concern’, Tinubu allowing slaughtering of Christians: U.S. Lawmaker
“Do not remove the CPC designation for Nigeria. They have not done near enough to protect Christians! They continue to get slaughtered,” Mr Moore said.

NationWide
Tinubu pledges peaceful campaign ahead of 2027 elections
“Let us remember that elections are not a do-or-die affair. We are partners in the project of nation-building,” he said.






