Jude Ezenwafor surrenders ‘Labour Party presidential ticket’, apologises to Peter Obi

Jude Ezenwafor has stepped down his 2023 presidential ambition and offered an apology for causing discomfort.
Mr Ezenwafor, who emerged as a factional presidential candidate of Labour Party on Wednesday, said he decided to abandon his campaign on personal grounds.
“I hereby withdraw from the forthcoming election in 2023,” Mr Ezenwafor said in a statement first published by Band News on Thursday. “After consulting my supporters nationwide, I decided to withdraw for personal reasons.”
He also apologised for entering the raise, which caused some media outlets to report his emergence as a threat to Peter Obi’s presidential ambition.
“I regret any inconveniences my withdrawal might cost our party,” he added. “I thank the leadership of our great party for giving me the opportunity to serve Nigeria. Thank you and God bless you all.”
Mr Obi emerged as the Labour Party’s presidential candidate on May 30. He has been widely tipped as the third major candidate ahead of 2023 presidential election.
It was unclear what effect Mr Ezenwafor’s initial decision to challenge Mr Obi would have had on the former Anambra governor’s ambition. Mr Obi’s body had been recognised by the electoral office INEC, and Mr Ezenwafor once served as an aide to Mr Obi when he was governor.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

World
Sri Lanka to criminalise unauthorised forex transfers
The proposed amendment will affect the Foreign Exchange Act, No. 12 of 2017, which the government said contains gaps that limit criminal action against certain outward remittances.

NationWide
FG, states, LGs shared N3.007 trillion revenue in July: FAAC
FAAC said the July figures indicated an improvement in statutory revenue, with gross statutory revenue rising to N4.359 trillion.

States
2027: IPAC cautions politicians, supporters against violent campaigns
Ms Akinade said, “Let us compete with ideas, not violence; with policies, not insults; and with respect, not confrontation.”

NationWide
Experts urge FG to list state assets to bolster stock market
A senior researcher at BAA Consult, Benjamin Akinsoto, urged regulators to reduce bureaucratic bottlenecks to attract more foreign investors.

Hot news Home top
INEC projects over 100 million registered voters, targets effective publicity, mobilisation toward 2027
Mr Haruna said INEC information officers should deliver effective publicity to mobilise all eligible citizens.

Africa
WHO hopeful on Congo Ebola outbreak containment
The WHO has raised about 60 per cent of the $115 million needed to fund the Ebola response.






