Lagos High Court announces vacation from December 24

The Lagos State High Court has announced its 2025 Christmas vacation, scheduled to run from December 24 to January 2, 2026.
This is contained in a circular dated November 26, issued by the Lagos State judiciary, and signed by the chief registrar, Tajudeen Elias. It was made available on Wednesday.
According to the notice, the chief judge of Lagos State, Justice Kazeem Alogba, approved the vacation pursuant to Order 49, Rules 4(C) and 5, of the High Court of Lagos State (Civil Procedure) Rules, 2019.
The circular stated that normal court activities are to resume on Monday, January 5, 2026.
Meanwhile, the circular disclosed that arrangements had been made to treat urgent cases during the vacation period.
He said that each judge will deal with all urgent applications related to any substantive cause already assigned to them.
Mr Alogba added that any urgent application where the substantive case has not been assigned will be handled by the judge to whom the application is specifically assigned.
“Notwithstanding the provisions of Order 49 Rule 4, any cause or matter may be heard by a judge during the Christmas vacation if it is urgent,” he said
According to the circular, such hearings will be conducted only if the conditions prescribed by Order 49 Rule 5 are complied with.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Police arrest two suspected kidnappers in Ondo
Police arrested two suspected kidnappers in connection with the abduction of a man, Abubakar Abdullahim, in Ondo State.

States
Security forces kill six suspected secessionists in Anambra
The Commissioner of Police in Anambra, Nnanna Ama, said a joint security team comprising the army, navy, police, SSS, and local vigilantes conducted the operation.

Heading 5
People exploiting actor Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ Hassan’s illness to make money, daughter alleges
Ms Taiwo said some Nigerians are exploiting her father’s ailment to make money.

States
2027: Loyalty to Tinubu, APC non-negotiable, says Ondo reconciliation committee
Dele Olanubi, the committee secretary, said members who left the APC to contest elective offices on other parties’ platforms had forfeited their membership.

States
Kwara monarch, two others kidnapped in fresh bandit attacks
A traditional ruler and two others have been kidnapped by suspected bandits in fresh attacks on Kwara communities.

States
Troops rescue six kidnap victims, recover cash in Katsina
Troops of Fansan Yamma rescued six kidnapped victims and recovered ₦800,000 earlier taken from the victims by the terrorists.






