Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Ogun police nab driver, others over alleged stolen trailer parts

Mr Babaseyi said the suspects were arrested at different locations.

• July 27, 2026
police
Police

The Ogun State police command has arrested a trailer driver in Ikorodu, Lagos State, alongside four others over their alleged involvement in the theft and dismantling of a trailer.

Oluseyi Babaseyi, the command’s spokesperson, disclosed in a statement on Monday, adding that the suspects were arrested at different locations.

Mr Babaseyi identified the suspects as Temitope Omotayo Odulaja, 47; Segun Suleiman, 27; Haruna Olaogun, 49; Jimoh Wasiu, 42; and Quazzim Suleiman, 49.

“The operation also led to the recovery of parts of the stolen trailer, including the trailer head, while detectives uncovered a suspected criminal syndicate allegedly engaged in dismantling stolen trailers and disposing of their parts,” he said.

He said the arrest followed a complaint lodged at the Ifo divisional headquarters by the trailer owner, who reported that his driver had absconded with the vehicle on June 6, 2026, and that all efforts to locate him and recover the trailer had proved abortive.

Mr Babaseyi said detectives, led by the divisional police officer, CSP Olabisi Kamorudeen, immediately commenced an intelligence-led investigation and deployed technical intelligence to trace the fleeing driver.

“On 24th July, 2026, acting on credible intelligence, detectives tracked the fleeing driver to Ikorodu, Lagos State, where Temitope Omotayo Odulaja ‘m’ aged 47 was arrested. The suspect thereafter provided useful information that advanced the investigation,” he said.

He added that on Saturday, detectives extended the operation to Ijebu-Ode, where the other suspects were arrested at different locations for their alleged involvement in the criminal enterprise.

The spokesperson said preliminary investigation revealed that the stolen trailer had been dismantled shortly after it was stolen and its components unlawfully disposed of.

He said detectives had so far recovered parts of the stolen trailer, including the trailer head, while photographs of the dismantled trailer had been taken as exhibits.

“The investigation has further uncovered a suspected trailer-dismantling syndicate, with ongoing efforts to recover the remaining parts of the trailer, identify and apprehend other members of the syndicate, establish the full extent of its activities, and recover additional exhibits,” he said.

Mr Babaseyi said the investigation was ongoing and that all persons found culpable at the conclusion of the investigation would be charged in court in accordance with the law.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

victims rescued in Katsina

States

14 kidnap victims rescued in Katsina

Troops rescued six males and eight females abducted in Katsina State.

Nnaji Chidiebere

States

Police arrest suspected transformer vandal in Enugu

Police said the suspect was found unconscious with various degrees of injuries.

U.S. Department of Justice

World

U.S. govt indicts 17 Iranians over cyber theft

Prosecutors said the suspects allegedly stole more than 31 terabytes of data from institutions across the U.S.

Governor Hyacinth Alia

States

Gov Alia nominates six new commissioners, seeks Benue assembly’s approval

The governor said the nominations were intended to strengthen the state executive council by filling existing vacancies and replacing outgoing members.

Riley Moore and Bola Tinubu

Heading 1

Nigeria should remain designated ‘country of particular concern’, Tinubu allowing slaughtering of Christians: U.S. Lawmaker

“Do not remove the CPC designation for Nigeria. They have not done near enough to protect Christians! They continue to get slaughtered,” Mr Moore said.

President Bola Tinubu

NationWide

Tinubu pledges peaceful campaign ahead of 2027 elections

“Let us remember that elections are not a do-or-die affair. We are partners in the project of nation-building,” he said.