UK police arrest former Prince Andrew over paedophile Jeffrey Epstein ties

The police have taken the younger brother of King Charles III, former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, into custody over allegations that he divulged British trade secrets to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein during his tenure as trade envoy to the U.S.
A statement from Thames Valley Police confirmed the arrest on Thursday, without mentioning his name in line with British rules, but the description matched that of the former prince, whom police were seen at his Sandringham residence early Thursday.
The former prince turned 66 on Thursday.
“As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk,” the statement said. “The man remains in police custody at this time.”
Last year, the monarchy stripped Mr Mountbatten-Windsor of his royal title over his salacious affiliation with Mr Epstein, and he was evicted from his royal mansion.
The arrest came in light of the Epstein files released by the U.S. Justice Department on January 30, which showed the ex-prince continued correspondence with the pedophile despite statements saying otherwise.
The former prince claimed he cut ties with Mr Epstein after he was first convicted of sexual crimes.
“Nobody is above the law,” Prime Minister Keir Starmer told the BBC Thursday morning.
One of Mr Epstein’s victims, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, said the sex offender introduced her to Mr Mountbatten-Windsor in 2001 and that the former prince raped her multiple times, even though she was a teenager at the time.
The former prince denied wrongdoing but eventually paid Ms Giuffre in a settlement in 2022, three years before she died by suicide in April 2025.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Education
UNILAG extends deadline for UTME candidates to upload results after portal glitch
The deadline, initially set for Wednesday, has been moved to August 24, 2026.

Heading 5
Trump govt sanctions ICC president Tomoko Akane, senior lawyer
The U.S. government imposed sanctions on ICC president Tomoko Akane over what it described as the tribunal’s “corrupt and fatally politicised” activities.

Heading 2
Pakistan Supreme Court orders jailed ex-PM Imran Khan moved to hospital
The court also ruled that the former prime minister would be allowed to meet with his family weekly, including telephone calls with his sons.

States
Lagos APC targets three million votes for Tinubu in 2027
Mr Ojelabi said the party’s performance in the 2023 presidential election was disappointing, and urged members to use the 2027 election to redeem its image.

States
Remi Tinubu inaugurates national community food bank for South-West
She said the programme is a deliberate, sustainable response to food insecurity and malnutrition among vulnerable households nationwide.

States
I would have delivered Osun to Tinubu even if people voted against APC: Wike
Mr Wike insisted the outcome of the election would have been different if he had been on the federal government team that went to Osun State.






