Unabating COVID-19 pandemic threatens to derail Chinese Super League season
A slew of matches cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic must now be rescheduled, threatening to throw China’s Super League schedule out of whack.
This has also raised questions about whether all games can be played before the season is out.
Life across much of China has come to a halt in recent months due to the country’s strict zero-Covid policy.
It is a situation which has seen entire neighbourhoods or cities shut down and residents forced into lockdown due to the discovery of just a few cases.
Football has been no exception.
League unity has been “severely compromised”, according to the sport service of website Sina on Saturday.
Some teams have three games to make up.
Planned games are being postponed so that previously cancelled games can be played.
The game calendar is therefore in a state of disarray.
At the moment, five games are scheduled for Tuesday, then six apiece for September 24 and September 25, followed by four apiece on September 29 and September 30.
With only three months left to go in the season, there are worries about whether all those games can be made up in time.
Nor are case counts disappearing.
Health authorities in Beijing logged 600 new infections on Friday.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
He added that suspension became necessary to prevent further acts of violence within the state.
The crisis erupted over control of the new park created under the Bridge at Iyana-Oba, Ojo area.
Security forces used live ammunition, shotgun pellets and other metal projectiles, Amnesty said.
Kanu said that the foundation was using the day to create awareness on the prevention and treatment of heart-related problems.
“The products were kept in barges…with the motive to reload them all into a boat and proceed on their journey to the Republic of Benin.”
Mr Ezekiel was among the six pilgrims who absconded in Israel during the 2019 Easter Pilgrimage.