Friday, August 21, 2026

William Amadi convicted for stabbing Londoner to death at shisha bar

Mr Amadi will be sentenced at Harrow Crown Court on Friday, May 8.

• April 17, 2026
William Amadi
William Amadi {Credit: Metropolitan Police}

William Amadi, 21, was on Friday convicted at Southwark Crown Court in London, United Kingdom, for fatally stabbing 26-year-old Ali Faris Muhammad at a shisha bar.

Mr Muhammad was fatally stabbed during an incident in Kingsbury, northwest London, on May 18, 2025.

“A 21-year-old man has been found guilty of manslaughter following a Met investigation that harnessed hours of CCTV footage and witness accounts to secure a conviction. On Friday, 17 April, William Amadi, 21 (30.08.2004) of Hermes Close, Barnet, was convicted of manslaughter following a trial at Southwark Crown Court.

Messers Ali and Amadi were at a bustling shisha bar in Brent when a verbal altercation started inside between the groups.

The duo was involved in a heated conversation, which seemed to subside when the watchman told everyone to leave the venue; however, it turned into a physical brawl when both groups crossed paths outside.

“Ali and Amadi were caught fighting on CCTV in Kingsbury Road, NW9, before Amadi delivered one fatal blow with his knife. Amadi fled the scene immediately, leaving Ali lying in the street. Within minutes, Ali was rushed to the hospital by his friends, but he was sadly pronounced dead an hour after arrival.

However, following the fatal incident, the detective worked at a pace to gather and comb through reams of CCTV footage from the bar and neighbouring cameras.

Mr Amadi was identified by his distinctive shiny black jacket and New York Yankees cap, and police uncovered his name after hearing people in the footage shouting “Will, Will, Will!” throughout the evening.

The suspect was subsequently arrested 72 hours later, on Thursday, 22 May, as he got into a cab near his home. He had been avoiding being out in public and had phoned in sick to work every day following the attack, in an attempt to keep a low profile.

A key witness corroborated that Mr Amadi was present at the scene and armed with a knife. 

Mr Amadi also pleaded guilty to possession of an offensive weapon ahead of the trial.

Detectives used bank card data to place him at the bar, while forensic analysis found Mr Ali’s DNA on Mr Amadi’s cap.

The Detective Chief, Inspector Allam Bhangoo, who led the investigation, said: “Ali was a much-loved son, brother and friend. His loss has had a lasting impact on everyone who knew him. Today’s verdict cannot bring him back, but I hope it provides a measure of justice for his family.

“Although we have significantly reduced the capital’s homicide rate, and continue to solve around 95 per cent of investigations, this case is a stark reminder of the reality of serious violence. In a moment, a life can be taken, and others changed forever.

“As a Londoner, I know how incidents like this affect our communities. That is why securing justice for Ali and his family has been so important.

“Our message remains clear – carrying a knife puts lives at risk, and we continue to pursue those who bring violence onto our streets.”

However, Mr Amadi will be sentenced at Harrow Crown Court on Friday, 8 May.

We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.

More from Peoples Gazette

farmers

Agriculture

FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology

The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Katsina State

Politics

Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku

“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar

Economy

Fuel Subsidy: Atiku’s proposal is for subsidising local oil production, aide says

“(The former vice-president) said he will subsidise Nigerian fuel production, not imported fuel—capped, audited and transparent,” his aide clarified.

L-R: Jordan Nyesom-Wike, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, FCT Minister Nyesom Wike, David Adeleke, and Joaquin Nyesom-Wike.

Politics

‘I won, beat you guys,’ Davido teases Wike over Osun poll victory

In the short clip, the singer said, “I won, beat you guys,” as Mr Wike responded, disputing the claim, saying, “No, no.”

Heap of naira cash

NationWide

The face of Nigeria’s first naira trillionaire, his net worth, businesses

His multinational conglomerate was estimated at $35.2 billion (₦47.45 trillion based on ₦1,348 to $1). This makes him the 66th richest person globally.

NationWide

How El-Rufai started rumour about me being Mossad agent: Donald Duke

“It was Nasir El-Rufai who started the rumours about me being Mossad, and I confronted him about it,” Mr Duke said.

Tinubu sitting with Atiku

Economy

Atiku advertising economic ignorance by pushing to restore fuel subsidy in Nigeria: Tinubu

“One of my opponents now says he will go back to subsidy. I read it. That is a demonstration of serious ignorance of governance and economy,” Mr Tinubu stated.

Biodun Oyebanji

Politics

Oluyede visits Ekiti governor, pledges support for Tinubu’s re-election

Wole Oluyede, PDP governorship candidate in the June 20 election in Ekiti, has promised to work for the re-election of President Bola Tinubu in the 2027 presidential election.