Aisha Buhari invites Tinubu, Atiku, other aspirants for Ramadan dinner, blocks them from coming with phones
First lady Aisha Buhari has sent out invitations to presidential aspirants, asking them to join her for Ramadan Iftar but insists they cannot bring their phones.
The invitation card, seen by Peoples Gazette, asks the invitees to refrain from attending with their mobile phones.
“Please, bring this card with you. Phones are not allowed,” stated the invite.
The event will be held on Saturday at the State House, Abuja.
Those who have declared for the top spot in the upcoming 2023 presidential election include APC national leader Bola Tinubu; Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar; Governor David Umahi; Governor Nyesom Wike, and ex-Governor Rotimi Amaechi.
At the time of filing this report, Paul Ibe, spokesperson for Mr Abubakar, had no comment as to whether his principal would honour Mrs Buhari’s invitation.
Attempts to reach the spokespeople for Messrs Tinubu and Osinbajo failed as phone calls, and messages were unreturned.
The invite followed Mrs Buhari’s visit to Nigeria from Dubai, where she relocated to in 2017 with some of her aides and children.
The Gazette reported on Wednesday that Mrs Buhari had hosted the wives of service chiefs and other top government functionaries at the State House, Abuja, to break the Ramadan fast.
She said the Ramadan period provided Nigerians with an opportunity to re-educate themselves in fasting and prayers to ensure peace and development of the country.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
The notorious bandit leader, who had been terrorising Batsari town in Katsina, was killed on Friday.
Mr Ortom had said unless Mr Wike was appeased, PDP would risk losing the state votes during the 2023 presidential election.
NDLEA’s spokesman, Femi Babafemi, that the septuagenarian was arrested on September 20 at Anguwan Sate in the Mayo Belwa council area of Adamawa.
Mr Ojediran stressed that Nigerian academicians outside the country were well paid compared to those in the country.
Mr Abdulraheem told journalists that the unit impounded at least 20,000 commercial motorcycles between January and September.
The motion on notice filed by an applicant Emmanuel Agonsi was scheduled for a hearing on Monday by the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, John Tsoho.