Flood: Borno commences water decontamination process

As Maiduguri flood water gradually recedes, the Borno government has embarked on decontamination of water in the city.
The state commissioner for information and internal strategy, Usman Tar, disclosed this to journalists in Maiduguri on Friday.
“We are taking measures to decontaminate the water and to reduce the risk of diseases,” he said.
Mr Tar noted that some corpses had been evacuated while advising the public to be careful and desist from consuming dirty water.
The commissioner urged the people to report any case of outbreak or infection to the relevant authorities.
“We are also setting up medical centres in the camps for quick response to public health challenges.
“I want to appeal to the public to continue to remain calm and peaceful as government and other stakeholders are working towards ensuring their safety and welfare,” Mr Tar said.
Meanwhile, different personalities throng Maiduguri to sympathise with government and residents.
Among the distinguished personalities that visited Maiduguri were the Nigerian Governors’ Forum led by its chairman, Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazak of Kwara, national chairman of APC, Abdullahi Umar-Ganduje, National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, and some ministers, among others.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Gov. Diri advises new Bayelsa elders council on political neutrality
Mr Spero-Jack pledged to build on his predecessor’s achievements.

Heading 4
Zelensky says Russia’s missile killed 10, injured several in Ukraine
Mr Zelensky stated that first responders already extinguished the fire, and emergency and response services continued working at the site.

Hot news Home top
Tinubu will win re-election in 2027 easily, Wike boasts
Mr Wike stated, ““2023 election was a tough one for him. Nobody knew what the government at the time was trying to do, and even governors were afraid.”

States
NBA urges Kaduna govt to extend interventions in judiciary to lower courts
Mr Aliyu commended the governor for providing 40 official vehicles to judges of the High Court, Shari’ah Court of Appeal, and Customary Court of Appeal.

Heading 1
Wike orders demolition of houses blocking drainage channels after flood overruns Abuja
Mr Wike stated, “We will demolish all those houses found on the water channels. Some of them are (owned by) senators. Some of them are (owned by) big men.

Heading 2
NDLEA intercepts 184.50 kilograms of cocaine, nabs cartel leader Afolabi Michael ‘KC Luxury’
The NDLEA said KC Luxury parades “as a social media influencer and businessman dealing in gold, jewellery, and luxury goods.”






