Lawrence Okolie defends WBO title

Lawrence Okolie easily defended his WBO title after defeating previously undefeated Dilan Prasovic in a third-round technical knockout on Saturday.
The fight started fast for Okolie as he quickly established his jab and his range and kept Prasovic at bay. Prasovic landed some shots but ultimately both men were just feeling each other out.
In the second round, Okolie got a huge knockdown with 28 seconds to go and Prasovic was lucky to get to the stool to end the round. By the third round, the fight was over as Okolie came out swinging and landed a body shot which Prasovic did not recover from.
Okolie will be looking to fight the likes of fellow African and World WBC Cruiserweight Champion Illunga Makabu or IBF World Champion Mairis Briedis.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Abia@35: Gov. Otti thanks residents for prayers, sacrifices
Mr Otti said the anniversary provided an opportunity for residents to acknowledge God’s role in the state’s journey and development.

NationWide
37 women trained in 12-week leadership, mentorship programme for national development
Mr Olukoyede urged the beneficiaries to lead with purpose, serve others and uphold integrity.

NationWide
Oyo govt hails Olabiyi-Agoro’s emergence as PENGASSAN president
Mr Olabiyi-Agoro succeeded Festus Osifo, who was president of the association for six years.

Health
Aminu Kano hospital introduces IVF service for childless couples
Mr Rais said the service would restore hope among couples suffering from infertility.

States
32-year-old kidnap victim rescued in Edo
The police spokesperson said efforts were ongoing to track down and apprehend the fleeing kidnappers.

States
Gov. Bago tasks Niger pastoralists on responsible cattle rearing
Mr Bago urged farmers and pastoralists to sustain peaceful coexistence






