Two Abuja security guards, one other arraigned over alleged theft iron rods worth N5 million

Two security guards, Samson John and Barnabas Danjuma, were on Tuesday arraigned at Dutse Magistrates’ Court in Abuja for allegedly stealing iron rods worth five million naira from a building site.
The police charged John and Danjuma alongside Ibrahim Salisu with criminal breach of trust, joint act and theft.
However, they all pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Prosecution Counsel, Babajide Olanipekun, informed the court that on June 26, the complainant, David Aaron, reported the matter at the Igu Divisional Police station,Abuja.
He alleged that the defendants committed the offence on June 24
According to him, John and Danjuma who were security guards at a new building site, Wike’s farm yard along Tokulo road, Bwari Abuja, conspired with Salisu to steal the iron rods.
Mr Olanipekun said during police investigation and interrogation, the defendants could not give satisfactory accounts of their actions.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 312,79, and 287 of the Penal Code law.
The Senior Magisterate, Evelyn Dara, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N500,000 each and 2 sureties each in like sum.
She ordered that the sureties must have reliable means of identification and must reside within the jurisdiction of the court.
Ms Dara adjourned the matter until August 10 for hearing.
(NAN)
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

Education
UNILAG extends deadline for UTME candidates to upload results after portal glitch
The deadline, initially set for Wednesday, has been moved to August 24, 2026.

Heading 5
Trump govt sanctions ICC president Tomoko Akane, senior lawyer
The U.S. government imposed sanctions on ICC president Tomoko Akane over what it described as the tribunal’s “corrupt and fatally politicised” activities.

Heading 2
Pakistan Supreme Court orders jailed ex-PM Imran Khan moved to hospital
The court also ruled that the former prime minister would be allowed to meet with his family weekly, including telephone calls with his sons.

States
Lagos APC targets three million votes for Tinubu in 2027
Mr Ojelabi said the party’s performance in the 2023 presidential election was disappointing, and urged members to use the 2027 election to redeem its image.

States
Remi Tinubu inaugurates national community food bank for South-West
She said the programme is a deliberate, sustainable response to food insecurity and malnutrition among vulnerable households nationwide.

States
I would have delivered Osun to Tinubu even if people voted against APC: Wike
Mr Wike insisted the outcome of the election would have been different if he had been on the federal government team that went to Osun State.






